PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 12:48 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 19G data this month already. should I be worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
But ive been tethering for 3 years now, and sprint has changed anything about it, so obviously Sprint doesnt think wer ruining anything for anyone
thats because dan heese is a free loving, everybody take what you want, we dont enforce rules, smelly hippy. i know hes turning shit around at sprint, but i feel its too little too late, and there is going to be a shake up pretty soon. another ceo isnt going to let this stuff fly.
btw, this should be in carrier discussion!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:52 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
thats because dan heese is a free loving, everybody take what you want, we dont enforce rules, smelly hippy. i know hes turning shit around at sprint, but i feel its too little too late, and there is going to be a shake up pretty soon. another ceo isnt going to let this stuff fly.
btw, this should be in carrier discussion!
AGreed! wait till we goto "bucket data" in a year or two.. unlimited voice minutes, txting, etc will all be included and we'll pay based on our data usuage only.. thats when things will get really interesting and/or really expensive
Old 08-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Sprint has a 5gb cap on aircards only. But my thing is, you people that are tethering your phones and using that much data are basically screwing it up for everyone else. No wonder att changed their data plans and verizon is getting ready to do the same thing. Stop being so cheap and just get dsl or cable at home and leave the tethering for travel or at least stay under 10gb. Sprint doesn't have a cap on phone data but with people taking advantage it won't be long till they do the same thing as att.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Yeah... Stop texting so much too... Don't be cheap. Go talk to your friends in person... If you take advantage of the unlimited texting it's gonna mess things up.
And don't eat so much at the all you can eat restaurants either.

That's what I call logic.

If you are worried about the prices ATT and Verizon are charging... Don't go to ATT or Verizon. Just stay with Sprint.
When you pay for UNLIMITED minutes... You can make 43,200 worth of calls per month (approximately 30 days). That's your limit unless you can bend time and space.
When you have unlimited data... Your only limit is your bandwith and how much data you are able to stream/download in those 43,000 minutes. So technically there is a cap. lol I'll let someone else do the math.

p.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

I don't think the "unlimited" will end any time soon for Sprint seeing that they just started unlimited for virgin mobile for only $25/mo. Now only if Virgin Mobile had some 1ghz Android phones [-o<

Last edited by one80oneday; 08-20-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The people that abuse unlimited plans by tethering slow down the network for everyone. That said, as long as these companies keep selling their phones based on advertising all the great things they can do without putting much effort into boosting their networks to support them, I say screw the companies. AT$T touts their iPhones and focuses on bandwidth-hogging apps in their ads and then complains when we users buy the damn things and use them as advertised. Screw 'em!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ntl555 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Now only if they had some 1ghz Android phones [-o<

Soon enough... The Samsung Epic with 1Ghz Hummingbird is due on August 31.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
The people that abuse unlimited plans by tethering slow down the network for everyone. That said, as long as these companies keep selling their phones based on advertising all the great things they can do without putting much effort into boosting their networks to support them, I say screw the companies. AT$T touts their iPhones and focuses on bandwidth-hogging apps in their ads and then complains when we users buy the damn things and use them as advertised. Screw 'em!
I agree with most of your statement except the first part and in particular the word ABUSE. It could be considered an oxymoron to "abuse unlimited" As there is no limit therefore no opportunity for abuse.
But yeah... Screw 'em.
p.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
I agree with most of your statement except the first part and in particular the word ABUSE. It could be considered an oxymoron to "abuse unlimited" As there is no limit therefore no opportunity for abuse.
But yeah... Screw 'em.
p.
Since tethering is not covered by unlimited plans and one has to use some trickery to do it, it constitutes abuse by the consumer. Not that I feel any sympathy for the providers since their marketing depts. are causing the problems.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

this thread makes me lol.

to the OP:

you really don't have anything to worry about
Old 08-21-2010, 01:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2 6.5>tp2 6.1> (3) tp1s> (2) titans> (3) apaches
Carrier: sprint

mattatat is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mattatat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
Since tethering is not covered by unlimited plans and one has to use some trickery to do it, it constitutes abuse by the consumer. Not that I feel any sympathy for the providers since their marketing depts. are causing the problems.
mmmm i think if anyone gets busted... honestly... we can all point to the supreme courts ruling on jailbreaking... lol

so the phone has the functionality built into it.... but carriers have locked that feature up via software.... technically, none of us have done anything more than bypass the carriers attempts to limit the functionality of the hardware for monetary gain.... as with the apple issue, they modified a small amount of code to allow the installation of 3rd party apps... we simply modified small amounts of code to unlock functionality from the phones manufacturer
just my take on it... sure, they can always say that we violated the contract with sprint and terminate service... but how can you prove i was tethering and not just lame as hell and sittin and watching youtube videos 24 hours a day with my phone? or chatting 12 hours a day with my phone...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2