PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 11:08 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: 19G data this month already. should I be worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
Since tethering is not covered by unlimited plans and one has to use some trickery to do it, it constitutes abuse by the consumer. Not that I feel any sympathy for the providers since their marketing depts. are causing the problems.
What "trickery" do you have to use?? I just use Wifi Router mostly anymore.. ONLY ICS, uses stealth tethering.. so any of us that dont use ICS for tethering-arent actually trying to hide anything anymore...
Old 08-21-2010, 05:16 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
What "trickery" do you have to use?? I just use Wifi Router mostly anymore.. ONLY ICS, uses stealth tethering.. so any of us that dont use ICS for tethering-arent actually trying to hide anything anymore...

ya no hacks or "tricks" here either been doing forever

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 08-21-2010, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
ya no hacks or "tricks" here either been doing forever
same here, i usually average about 15 gigs of data a month and they have never said anything to me even when i was on a sero account
Old 08-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

Well last month on my "Unlimited" Data Plan, I ended up using just a hair over 82gigs.

They never questioned me about it, and if they did, I would simply explain that I was under the impressoin that my UNLIMITED data plan is UNLIMITED.

If I wanted a 5gig data limit, I would get a 5gig plan, not unlimited.
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 08-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Don't know about other carriers, but on AT$T you're supposed to have a different plan for tethering or use an Aircard. I haven't done it, but from what I've read, those that tether are doing so in a way that either hides it from the network or uses some kind of relay setup to do so. My contract expressly forbids me from tethering as do most standard wireless contracts. I don't want to do anything to violate my contract because I still have a $15 unlimited data plan.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

check it
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/21/v...oadband-for-4/
Old 08-22-2010, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

Interesting, the evdo is so slow, I can't use that at all. How can you guys just use wireless internet at home but still feel ok? I don't watch movie online, but playing youtub on evdo on my tp2 is like snail, and switch to wifi, it's like cheetah.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:58 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamio88 View Post
Well last month on my "Unlimited" Data Plan, I ended up using just a hair over 82gigs.
Gotta pic of that?? lol kind of j/k... you sure though its not 8.2GBs?? your statement shows 82,000,000 as your usage? ?

Howd you do that?? I use 30GBs without Fail every month.. I ONLY use tethering for my home connection, I have no real internet service provider but my phone.. so needless to say, I use it a TON!..

I run XBOX Live daily to stream several Netflix movies, I use BitComet daily,i constantly download files from the web(cabs,roms,pics,videos,comp progs,etc) i surf a ton(i know this one doesnt use alot of MBs), yet I cant really get over the Hump of 30GBs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
I don't want to do anything to violate my contract because I still have a $15 unlimited data plan.
so youve never downloaded or installed anything that wasnt from ATT itself or MS MArketplace??
flashed a ROM?
changed arcsoft versions?
installed a theme found here @ ppcg?
used GV, Skype??(both not true VoIP, but considered VoIP by our carriers and thats a no no)
Edited your registry?
Changed a bootscreen?
Changed a program Icon or any of the sense icons?(slider,weather,etc)
Changed your taskbar??

-if you havent done any of things, Im suprised you dont HATE your phone lol-

those are all examples of things that "technically" void your warranty.. Heck, most carriers tell you if it doesnt comes from their website/carrier store or MS market - then its a 3rd party app and thats not allowed and a violation of terms... Hence, having to re-flash and -relock devices before taking them in for service...

Odds are youve done a million things that "technically" void your warranty..

For tethering, I tried to fight that fight - about it being theft... even up till recently ive maintained that it was theft-yes, even though I was doing it myself lmao.. but hey, now, Im not doing ANYthing to hide my usage, so I dont really feel bad that My Carrier, Sprint, doesnt do anything about it..
Old 08-22-2010, 06:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
same here, i usually average about 15 gigs of data a month and they have never said anything to me even when i was on a sero account
But that's because you're D/\SH.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
Interesting, the evdo is so slow, I can't use that at all. How can you guys just use wireless internet at home but still feel ok? I don't watch movie online, but playing youtub on evdo on my tp2 is like snail, and switch to wifi, it's like cheetah.
Actually when I tether my speeds are more than double my road runner lite. I would cancel my internet altogether but then I'd lose my cable also and I've got a good price as it is (internet + basic cable = $30/mo).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2