PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

irinachukhray is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No sound on HTC touch pro 2 Verizon (can't hear ringtone or spearphone)

Hi,

I just bought my HTC touch pro2 online (ebay). The seller claims the phone was used for a just a couple of weeks, so basically it is brand new. The phone has no physical signs of use...it actually looks new. The problem is the SOUND.

If I call someone, I can hear them perfectly and they can hear me. But if I tap the speakerphone icon or change to speakerphone by holding down the talk key, nothing happens and I can't hear the person on the other end.

I also just discovered that no sound comes at all from the phone when I try to pick out a ring tone. I can't hear the ring tones in the menu when I am going through them.

I tried a hard reset but it is still the same. Can someone please help? (I am in need of specific instructions if possible )

Thank you!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: telus

eclone is a n00b
Re: No sound on HTC touch pro 2 Verizon (can't hear ringtone or spearphone)

This happens to me when I power on my phone with headphones plugged in. To fix it I need to unplug them and reboot the phone.

With my old Diamond, I would have to, with the stylus out, do a reboot.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

irinachukhray is a n00b

Thank you for the suggestion but my headphones are not plugged in and i already tried to do a soft and then hard reset. That does not seem to help. Is there anything else I can try?
Old 08-23-2010, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bionic

86shelby is just getting started

get a refund?
Old 08-23-2010, 04:40 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by irinachukhray View Post
Thank you for the suggestion but my headphones are not plugged in and i already tried to do a soft and then hard reset. That does not seem to help. Is there anything else I can try?
Sing 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' backwards 2x> hop on one leg with one eye closed>hard reset>flash dance>task 29>update profile>flash dance again>pray to God you can get a refund
Old 08-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sounds like you got scammed. Contact seller and paypal.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Hi,

I just bought my HTC touch pro2 online (ebay). The seller claims the phone was used for a just a couple of weeks, so basically it is brand new. The phone has no physical signs of use...it actually looks new. The problem is the SOUND.

If I call someone, I can hear them perfectly and they can hear me. But if I tap the speakerphone icon or change to speakerphone by holding down the talk key, nothing happens and I can't hear the person on the other end.

I also just discovered that no sound comes at all from the phone when I try to pick out a ring tone. I can't hear the ring tones in the menu when I am going through them.

I tried a hard reset but it is still the same. Can someone please help? (I am in need of specific instructions if possible )

Thank you!
When you remove the battery cover (the back of the phone), one of the four screws in the corners of the phone should have a "void" sticker (or some other anti-tampering marker) on it. Is it there? If not, someone may have tried to disassemble the phone and failed. The speaker assembly is the first component to be removed in the dis-assembly process (after the battery). If there is no "void" sticker anywhere, you might (if you are fearless) try to remove the speaker, look it over for damage, then put it back and try the phone again. There are dis-assembly instructions in another thread here. Good luck!!
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)
Old 08-23-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Hey
I really sorry to hear that you are in this conundrum. I hope you get this probably fixed with no cost to you!... Good lucik
Old 08-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

irinachukhray is a n00b

Thank to all those who responded!

Tybalt39 You recommended I check if the void sticker is there. I checked and it is still there. But I am not "fearless" LOL. I will not try to take out the speaker.

To the others who recommended I get a refund...that is I will do. Thank you for your time!

The seller on ebay is "adamant" in his own words about accepting a refund and claims that the buyer can saying anything after receiving the product. I guess emailing him just an hour after I opened the product is suspicious!

So I opened a "case" on ebay and two days from now Ebay will refund me and then deal with the seller on their own. Ironically, the seller recommended I visit this website to fix "brand new condition" phone he sent me. LOL.

Thank you again to all those who read and responded! I really appreciate your advice.

Last edited by irinachukhray; 08-25-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

Just to be sure, you're getting no external sound at all right? IE can't hear mp3's? Only sound through the ear speaker? I guess it's a hardware thing then.

But if it's not, I'm gonna throw out some noob thoughts...
- the incall and system volume are separate, there's a tab for each when you press the volume key. You prolly knew that but just making sure.
- try installing this? It's a volume increase cab for sprint. I see you're on verizon so maybe won't work, might even make it worse... but if you're gonna replace the phone anyway that doesn't matter.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1279411400

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
no sound, ring tone, speakerphone