PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pagepool

Where do I go to set PagePool value?

Using Big's MaxSense 7-25 ROM (6.5.x)

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: Pagepool

open pagepool then select the rom you want to change and then set it and flash it

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 08-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Unzip the exe file that you use to flash the rom. sometimes if you unzip the exe, there will be a pagepool changer included. if not i'm attaching it below

run the pagepool changer and select the .nbh file in the folder of the desired ROM. select the desired pagepool from the selectors below or you can choose one manually by pressing up or down on the arrows next to 'custom:'. Click 'Change To' and when 'Ready' message pops up you are good to go, you can flash from the folder's ruu or you can put the .nbh file on your SD Card and flash from there.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PagePool Changer.zip (153.4 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

it is preset to 12 which is what i suggest....

could take it up to 20, but i don't suggest going over that

Old 08-16-2010, 08:33 PM
I MADE IT!!!

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP

if you dont mind me askin Big, what exactly does pagepool do?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

the larger the pagepool, the smaller the program ram.

the larger the page pool, the "faster" the ROM operates since the pagepool is used as a pseudo-ram/cache for the OS.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:50 PM
I MADE IT!!!

thank you sir!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
the larger the pagepool, the smaller the program ram.

the larger the page pool, the "faster" the ROM operates since the pagepool is used as a pseudo-ram/cache for the OS.
If the pagepool is set to 0, does this make it dynamically expanding? If so, is this a good idea or bad or???

Thanks for any info
Old 08-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintmr View Post
If the pagepool is set to 0, does this make it dynamically expanding? If so, is this a good idea or bad or???

Thanks for any info
not sure that will work... i tried to set mine to 10 before and ROM would not even start... i tend to stay between 12 and 20
Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintmr View Post

Thanks for any info
yes this is true. It will make the ROM run incredibly smooth and fast but I wouldn't use it. within a few hours tops you will have to soft reset as the ram usage will go up to 90%+...it basically saves every single program or usage that you do so it can access it quicker later on. It would be better (if anything) to just use a higher page pool, but 0 is not the best choice imo.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2