PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 12:58 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: Phone thinks charger is Usb cable

+1 ^^^^^^ take it in if you have insurance

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i say its the ROM 100%... maybe mixed with something installed though...

Ive totally had this Happen before.. it was on NRG for sure!!... didnt matter what charger, it would do it.. this was awhile ago, several several versions ago, and mightve actually been on a TP1... but i know every now and again NRG cooks one up that does this... mayhave to do with aftermarket cords and the pins inside or something to... but its definitely something ive experienced on NRG before..

soon as i switched ROMs it went away.... never happened to me on TP2 though, and its been while since ive seen someone have this happen
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

The only time i have seen this is when a bent pin in the usb port is arching with data pin when plugged in thus making the phone thing the charger is also usb hub ready.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
The only time i have seen this is when a bent pin in the usb port is arching with data pin when plugged in thus making the phone thing the charger is also usb hub ready.
Yup, I've seen the reverse, where the connector on the cable was bent and it would charge but not read data properly.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

I have the same problem as the OP. Mine no longer charges via PC's, only through wall or car chargers. It has been working fine for the past few months on the same ROM, but last week, nothing.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

What mr. x said.. it sounds for sure like one of those tiny pins is bent, usually they get bent so that they lay too flat and the phone doesn't see one of them. In this case a pin the phone isn't supposed to see is bent the other way and is touching a contact on the charging cord that it isn't supposed to.

You need to flatten it out, but I have no idea what tool you could do that with without damaging the pin. They're so easy to break and hard to get at.

If you get desperate, and you're gonna try to send it in anyway for repair/replacement, on idea is to plug in a charger firmly with the phone laying flat and push dongle sticking out of the phone downward. Not too firmly, just a bit. This may push the pin back into place. Or it may make things worse. lol.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:25 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

it's always the wire. lol.. no seriously, I haven't seen the usb cable itself mentioned. many cords don't send more than 100/200 mah. also many cords just go bad. I always keep a new in bag cord around so I know whether its the cord or jacks.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

brokensparrow is just getting started

I have this problem, too. Doesn't work with PC USB Cable or Wall Adapter, but charges in my car.

I'm able to charge after doing a soft reset ONCE, but if I unplug the cable and plug it back in again, it does not work.

I don't have the time to do a hard reset at the moment, and one of my water sensors has been triggered (wet hand...) so don't want to try exchanging it yet..

I am on stock rom, but hard spl unlocked... or whatever it's called.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Some of you may have to reflash your roms or reinstall activesync.

I've noticed that sometimes if you have a problem with usb storage/activesync and the drivers on the computer it may not charge because the computer doesn't recognize the device. I think the computer gets confused between storage and sync. I think this may happen when the device isn't removed properly, or in the middle of doing syncing or transferring, specially if you have a cable that you have to wiggle to make it connect/charge.

Now that everything is made in china, some cables won't sit in there snug enough that if you move the phone around while syncing or charging, it disconnects it.

When I flash I ONLY use the USB cables that I know won't disconnect if I jiggle it, then I make sure that I DO NOT move/touch the phone at all when flashing.

I try not to use the loose cables for transferring, if I have to then I just don't move it or prop the cable up so that it has pressure on it so that it stays connected.

You'll know when you have a driver issue when you hook up the phone and it installs it as a new device and it'll say "Qualcomm something...something...." in a little balloon. At that point I uninstall activesync and reinstall it and that usually fixes the problem.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

brokensparrow is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

i did a hard reset on mine. it charges through usb and ac adapter but really slowly. orange led is still on even after 10 hours but it says it is at 100%. installation of 1% increment battery driver makes it not charge... never had that problem before. weird.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
battery, charger, nrg, tp2, usb