PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Brent212 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable Email Notification

Anyone know how to disable new email notifications? You'd think it'd be in the same place where you can set the sound for an email notification, but there doesn't appear to be anyway to fully turn it off.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Disable Email Notification

depends what rom you have, but this should get you there. Start-Settings-Menu-All Settings-Sounds and Notifications

Last edited by razorloves; 08-14-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've got the Energy ROM, and I've tried that, but you can only turn off the sound, LED flash, message displaying on the screen, and vibrate. You can't disable the actual notification, which is that little envelope icon that appears at the top of the screen and won't go away until you dismiss it. It even stays up there after I've read all my emails and the number of new ones drops back to 0.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:19 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

sounds more like you have the phantom inbox issue more than anything.. here.. run the exe from anywhere(sd or device).. soft reset and gone,,
Attached Files
File Type: zip FixUnreadCount.zip (3.5 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No... that's not it. It's normal behavior. The number of new emails drops to zero. The reason the notification isn't going away is because I use profimail to read my emails rather than the built in outlook mobile, or whatever it's called. Or, actually more common, I simply read my emails from a computer when I'm around one (which is often because I'm on a computer all day at work). If I open my outlook mobile's inbox, even if I've already read and deleted all new emails using profimail or a computer, the notification goes away.

Nothing unusual is going on... I just want to disable the notification, or make it somehow get dismissed when the new email count hits 0.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent212 View Post
It even stays up there after I've read all my emails and the number of new ones drops back to 0.
Quote:
No... that's not it. It's normal behavior.
Nothing unusual is going on...
obviously you dont know what normal behavior is then... if the count says 0 on your emails in your device.. and you still have an icon saying you have unread messages... thats NOT normal.. ask anyone

EDIT** even if you check your mail from a desktop, you should be able to send/recieve on you phone afterwards, and it "mark as read" or delete(if you deleted on desktop) for you automatically to sync back up and show ZEROs across the board

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-14-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:11 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i have this issue on energy rom also, but the only time it happens is when ive checked my email on the pc. the next time it does a send/recieve it clears the icon from the email tab, but not from the taskbar. i have to manually dismiss it. me thinks its just unique to nrg. it doesnt kill me to have to press dismiss.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
obviously you dont know what normal behavior is then... if the count says 0 on your emails in your device.. and you still have an icon saying you have unread messages... thats NOT normal.. ask anyone

EDIT** even if you check your mail from a desktop, you should be able to send/recieve on you phone afterwards, and it "mark as read" or delete(if you deleted on desktop) for you automatically to sync back up and show ZEROs across the board
Actually, yes it is normal, because I'm not sending and receiving after I check the email on a PC. That's my entire point -- I don't want to have to use outlook mobile at all. How annoying would that be to have to go into outlook mobile on my phone just to hit send/receive everytime after I finish checking email on my PC, just so the notification clears? EDIT: And now that I think about it, that shouldn't be necessary at all since I'm using activesync for push emails in the email account in outlook mobile, so the number of new emails is always updated promptly and automatically. The thing that clears the notification is opening your inbox in outlook mobile, or bringing up the notification dialog and acknowledging it.

I've had three winmo phones, and all three did this with their stock software/ROM. Same with all ROMs I've used. So actually, I do know what is normal behavior.

Last edited by Brent212; 08-14-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:52 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

if your checking your emails on your PC 90% of the time, get rid of the email tab then.. problem solved..

or

delete the email account off your phone and use phones browser to do what you do on your pc.. problem solved..

i dont think you can disable the actual notification though.. i love to be corrected though because i can see lots of reason people would just not like it to show period
Old 08-14-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Anyone know how to disable new email notifications? You'd think it'd be in the same place where you can set the sound for an email notification, but there doesn't appear to be anyway to fully turn it off.

Would changing this reg do it?

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\AvailableOptions

Change to dword to 0

Or maybe deleting HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408} alltogether?

Just an idea..goodluck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2