PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 04:51 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Life after TP2

What is everyone gonna update to after there done with the TP2. Are you gonna get one of the current models on shelves now or are you gonna wait til the end of the year to see what comes out.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:57 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Life after TP2

I'll see what's available late this year through mid-next year. From what I've read of WP7, it's probably not going to excite me. I can see using my TP2 for another year.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
What is everyone gonna update to after there done with the TP2. Are you gonna get one of the current models on shelves now or are you gonna wait til the end of the year to see what comes out.
Gettin Epic 4G in October
Old 08-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I was considering the Evo, however, the no keyboard thing has always turned me away. Samsung Epic was also an option, but not very fond of Samsung devices. I think for now I'll just stick with my TP2. Seeing as how I can overclock and run Android when I want, I think that'll be enough to hold me over until something I really like comes along. Maybe we can get an Evo with a keyboard lol yeah right.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:01 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

just being able to get your hands on a EVo is hard so Evo with a keyboard dont see it happening. LOL
Old 08-09-2010, 05:03 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

Im thinking of Epic 4g but been hearing alot of rumors of newer phones coming out by the end of the year. Only thing is the new phone i get has to have a keyboard not to fond of writing full emails on the softkey.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:07 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

Thinking about the Samsung Galaxy S or the HTC Desire...those are the only Android phones at USCC worth the upgrade. Leaning towards the Galaxy as chainfire is working with it and I imagine his support will be much more worth my time compared to the Desire. I know MM is on the Desire, but I think Chainfire will make it easier for me to mod my phone.

Of course the other option is to jump carriers, but I save $20-30$ a month versus any other carrier before the $10 data add on from sprint.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:09 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

anyone know of phones that are going to be released by the end of the year. Ive heard verizon is gonna have to a world phone and DROID 3
Old 08-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work
Ive always owned a pda with full keyboard. That was the min requirement for any new pda. However the specs of the Evo were just too tempting. Ive been a winmo since the ppc6700 and since then I thought I coulnt live w/o a hardware keyboard.

But after going to android and getting the Evo on launch day, I can say this phone has changed those feelings. I was extremely worried about sending emails and txtin on the Evo. I always HAD to have a full hardware keyboard but the EVO didnt have any problems in this area at all. The screen is so big that the keyboard in landscape is like having a hardware keyboard. It only took a week or less and I was typing just as fast on my Evo as my TP2. In fact, this reply is being done right now using 4g on my Evo while being on hold on the phone.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work
TP2 was and is an amazing phone, I really never thought I would leave winmo. But I have to admit, now that Im using android with Sense, Itll be highly unlikely that I ever go back to winmo.

Plus im still amazed that Im able to compose emails and txt just as fast as I did on my TP2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
life after tp2