PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LLL
Carrier: Cricket

tpaxadpom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Skyfire no longer works on my phone

I was on vacation in Dominican Republic and tried to use Skyfire to discover that it doesn't work. Oh well I came back home (US) and I still get the same message. I downloaded fresh copy and reinstalled skyfire 1.5 with no success. I also tried connecting with WIFI and got the same eeror message: "Sorry. We regret that as of July 1 2010 Skyfire does not provide service in your country. (4.3.2.1._3001)" Though Skyfire works fine on my wife's phone so it's not their server problem. Seems like it made a change to registry and reinstall doesn't really do anything to solve this problem. Any ideas what I should try other then flashing the phone again?
Old 08-09-2010, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LLL
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

tpaxadpom is just getting started
Re: Skyfire no longer works on my phone

well the problem is solved. I uninstalled the browser and then did a hard reset and installed it again.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung i8910 omnia hd(phone)
Carrier: o2

fear-1987 is a n00b

hey i get the same problem !!

i am useing the samsung i8910 (omnia hd) witch as you may know is a symbian s60 v5 device ,im trying to connect skyfire on wifi (only) i installd new firmware (i8910xxjb1 itailan update) a few months ago !
but i get this message!!

Network unavailable

Skyfire requires a data conection
Please check your configuration

can any one tell me why i carnt connect this skyfire 1.5 on wifi ? help.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:16 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Skyfire has been discontinued on both wm and symbian.

http://www.skyfire.com/press/blog/72-retirement

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Products | Skyfire

"As of December 31st, 2010, Skyfire no longer supports our legacy v1.0 product for Windows Mobile and Symbian.Read more about this important announcement »"
Old 05-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung i8910 omnia hd(phone)
Carrier: o2

fear-1987 is a n00b

why have they dont that for iv used skyfire for a few years now!! :O

oh well will have to stick with my new opera browser .

der must be away to get it to conect ?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:01 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

They are a for profit company..they started it free to get user experience/input/popularity while searched for a way to make money off their browser...after experimenting with things nothing worked, until they tried going to iOS and Android...afterwards they realized there was more money to be made there and that winmo/symbian was not profitable to them..mostly since the 2 platforms are dieing they decided to discontinue it.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

i f*cking hate skyfire, they can f*ucking go f*ck themselves .. ill take a massive sh*t on f*cking iOS and Android . Its all about f*cking money now , we (WM users) got them up and running so they can make their d*mn money and now we get f*cked .. GAYYYYYYYY

Sorry , had to vent ..
Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

As long as you feel better, that's all that matters. Yes Skyfire sucks a big one.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

As long as you feel better, that's all that matters. Yes Skyfire sucks a big one.
i feel better , yes , but i still cant believe a company would do that . I mean honestly , if they keep us active , how much money would they really lose ? i doubt its a significant ammount to keep the servers up and running for the symbian and WM users .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2