PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

StephKD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy sleep of death?

Ever since I got this phone I've been experiencing what I assumed was just freezing when my phone would go into sleep mode and there would be no way to get the screen back on. It would show the big green arrow and say, "Backlight is off," and the only way to get it working again would be to take out the battery.

I can deal with that, as annoying as it is, but now I've got a big problem in which my phone won't even turn on. I've got it plugged in, and the orange light is on, but I can't get the thing on. I've tried removing the battery, and sometimes doing that will cause it to start up partially before turning back off. Then it may or may not start back up on it's own, turn off, start up, turn off. I've already tried my hard reset button...and nothing.

About a month and a half ago I put WM 6.5 on it after a hard reset because my message icon always says I have new texts when I don't, but I had the problem before that. I haven't modded the phone at all.

Help!

Last edited by StephKD; 08-08-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff
Re: sleep of death?

sounds like a bad flash, reflash with either custom ROM or official ROM(all can be found on this forum - make sure you chose CDMA(and not GSM) since your carrier seems to be Verizon). Need more help - ask(thats what this forum is for). If you dont want to mess with flashing and your phone was not unlocked-take it to Verizon store

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 08-08-2010, 05:40 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: sleep of death?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephKD View Post
Ever since I got this phone I've been experiencing what I assumed was just freezing when my phone would go into sleep mode and there would be no way to get the screen back on. It would show the big green arrow and say, "Backlight is off," and the only way to get it working again would be to take out the battery.

I can deal with that, as annoying as it is, but now I've got a big problem in which my phone won't even turn on. I've got it plugged in, and the orange light is on, but I can't get the thing on. I've tried removing the battery, and sometimes doing that will cause it to start up partially before turning back off. Then it may or may not start back up on it's own, turn off, start up, turn off. I've already tried my hard reset button...and nothing.

About a month and a half ago I put WM 6.5 on it after a hard reset because my message icon always says I have new texts when I don't, but I had the problem before that. I haven't modded the phone at all.

Help!
If your original ROM and now 6.5 are both stock, then it's probably a hardware problem; ask for a replacement. As you look at the forums you'll see people that get the SOD regardless of what stock or custom ROM they use, and another group (like me) that have never seen it - and I've run a lot of custom ROMs, and cooked many.

If you've unlocked it and tried a custom ROM, then run Task29 and reflash.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2