PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Veezy

wodurrah is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Touch Pro 2 on Simply Mobile...Better read this!!!!!

Update:::

For anyone interested I am finally on simple mobile. I have a verizon tp2. Mine is unlocked and I sim unlocked by asking verizon for my unlock code. I inserted simplemobile sim card and I was registered on the t-mobile network. The following site has all of the instructions to get MMS and 3G data working. Look under: The instructions are for HD2 but same thing the instructions for the TP2 are for sense 2.1/wm 6.1...

http://simplemobile.webs.com/index/HD2/HD2.htm

Real simple and now im only paying $60 a month instead of 120 on verizon=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

Last edited by wodurrah; 08-16-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch por2
Carrier: att

jstevenj is a n00b
Re: Verizon Touch Pro 2 on Simply Mobile...Better read this!!!!!

you wont be able to send/receive MMS. at least I can't on my Verizon TP2 that is unlocked, using it on at&t.

If you go to all messages, menu, MMS options, GSM Servers - you will see Verizon Wireless is the only option you have here. The option to create new or set as default are greyed out. I was on the phone with at&t tech support for 54 min one day trying to get this fixed. They finally gave up, said it was something locked in the phone.

I hope someone reads this who can tell us how to fix the problem. There has got to be a cab or fix out there somewhere.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

are u running a custom rom? Cuz i have energy's and my mms for gsm is selectable...also when u switched to att did they give you all the server address to try and get it to work.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodurrah View Post
I wanna switch my carrier from verizon (beautiful but too rich for my blood) to either simply mobile on the t-mobile network or sprints boost mobile. I have the phone hard spl and sim unlocked if I wanted to switch over would I have to do anything else to the phone. I am currently running energy's newest gtx 23673. After i get the sim card do I just drop it in and ensure that i have the phone set to gsm only or whatever...please advise

Sorry for the title had to get someone to read this...
boost has a cdma network that you can use with a sprint branded tp2, but they also have a iden network that uses a sim card, but the tp2 does not work on iden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevenj View Post
you wont be able to send/receive MMS. at least I can't on my Verizon TP2 that is unlocked, using it on at&t.

If you go to all messages, menu, MMS options, GSM Servers - you will see Verizon Wireless is the only option you have here. The option to create new or set as default are greyed out. I was on the phone with at&t tech support for 54 min one day trying to get this fixed. They finally gave up, said it was something locked in the phone.

I hope someone reads this who can tell us how to fix the problem. There has got to be a cab or fix out there somewhere.
there's a simple regedit to allow editing those settings. i'm mobile right now, but if you look around, you should find it. Then you can put in the at&t mms server settings.

EDIT: here you go. I just looked it up on my phone real quick.
HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\UI\
EnableServerEdit
Change to 1

Last edited by razorloves; 08-06-2010 at 08:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:57 PM
N00b

jstevenj is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
boost has a cdma network that you can use with a sprint branded tp2, but they also have a iden network that uses a sim card, but the tp2 does not work on iden.

there's a simple regedit to allow editing those settings. i'm mobile right now, but if you look around, you should find it. Then you can put in the at&t mms server settings.

EnableServerEdit
Change to 1

Got it, thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited by jstevenj; 08-09-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G
Carrier: Sprint

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

Quote:
Sorry for the title had to get someone to read this...
I read this.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

For anyone interested I am finally on simple mobile. I have a verizon tp2. Mine is unlocked and I sim unlocked by asking verizon for my unlock code. I inserted simplemobile sim card and I was registered on the t-mobile network. The following site has all of the instructions to get MMS and 3G data working. Look under: The instructions are for HD2 but same thing the instructions for the TP2 are for sense 2.1/wm 6.1...

Real simple and now im only paying $60 a month instead of 120 on verizon=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>
Old 08-12-2010, 05:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:

You should edit your first post and insert that information in there, some people may not read past the first post once they realize there isn't any info in it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:38 AM
N00b

jstevenj is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post

EnableServerEdit
Change to 1
OK I got the MMS options set but now there is another problem. In my data connections I have set up media net for cingular but the phone keeps defaulting back to verizon wireless.

If you go to "data connections", advanced tab, select networks, verizon wireless always shows in the box no matter what I do. I know there has to be a registry setting that will stop this from defaulting to verizon wireless. please help again.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

you might have verizon set as the default...set simple connection as default and delete the verizon or any other modem connections

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2