PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 11:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

journey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
class 6 vs class 10 SDHC?

I am planning to purchase a 16gb micro-sdhc. Can the TP2 take advantage of the difference between a class 6 and a class 10 card?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

michaelvanle is a n00b
Re: class 6 vs class 10 SDHC?

I hope the price difference is really worth it. You are looking at doubling the price. Class 6 should be more than sufficient for what you need. The only thing I can really see class 10 being an advantage is for playing music, when it's browsing through the library.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:51 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelvanle View Post
I hope the price difference is really worth it. You are looking at doubling the price. Class 6 should be more than sufficient for what you need. The only thing I can really see class 10 being an advantage is for playing music, when it's browsing through the library.
What kind of music can you possibly play that would require a minimum of 10mbp/sec?

The class 10 would give you an advantage if you plan to play 1080p video..other then that there is no or hardly any benefit for it on this phone or any of this generation...

A class 6 card would do 6mb/sec min, but usually goes at around 16mb/sec....Class 6 is more then enough for anything you can do..mostly on your TP2..

Class speed is only the minimum so that you know after many writes and reads what the lowest speed would be and prevent stuttering.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-06-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work

I was looking for a deal on a 16gb microsdhc at SlickDeals and one user commented on a Class 2 card and said that with that particular one he could record and play HD Video with no hiccups. I say go 6. I plan on getting a 4, or catching a 6 on sale.

+

= <3
Old 08-06-2010, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work

Check out slickdeals.net and search microsdhc theres a 16 gb on sale for like 40 bucks. Class 10.

Edit* Stand corrected by dunebuggydude11! Ha.

Last edited by Counterfeit; 08-06-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
Check out slickdeals.net and search microsdhc theres a 16 gb on sale for like 40 bucks. Class 10.
that deal was actually a mistake on buy.com (and slickdeals.net) part. it is a 16gb micro sdhc, but it is actually a class 4 card
Old 08-06-2010, 01:32 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
I was looking for a deal on a 16gb microsdhc at SlickDeals and one user commented on a Class 2 card and said that with that particular one he could record and play HD Video with no hiccups. I say go 6. I plan on getting a 4, or catching a 6 on sale.
There is no reason to get a hi-cup on a class 2...a class 2 can be just as fast as a class 10...the problem happens is when it starts to fragment..a class 2 card only guarantees that it will not be less then 2mbps....a class 6 guarantees it will not be less then 6mbps and a class 10 guarantees it won't be less then 10mbps...

What can happen with a class 2 is after a lot of use..it will go down to 2mbps and when watching a video that is 4 mbps it will lag and etc...
Old 08-06-2010, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by journey View Post
I am planning to purchase a 16gb micro-sdhc. Can the TP2 take advantage of the difference between a class 6 and a class 10 card?

I read somewhere that the speed gain for any given class is applicable to "write" speed only. Is this true?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Unaufhaltsam is keeping up the good workUnaufhaltsam is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Yahoo to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Skype™ to Unaufhaltsam

Yep or at least the read gains must be low enough not to list it.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaufhaltsam View Post
Yep or at least the read gains must be low enough not to list it.
So how would video playback or loading anything for that matter from the SD card benefit if the read speed between classes is the same??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2