PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gabe23111 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question My phone calls people by itself when charging. Please help!

I have a Sprint touch pro 2. The only addition I've made to the phone since getting it was the WM update.

When I plug in my phone to charge the phone automatically starts calling the last person in my call history. It happens every time without fail. It only happens when I plug it in to charge - after I hang up the call it "made itself" it doesn't make any more calls while charging. However, while charging sometimes the little "microphone" appears on top of the screen or sometimes the phone just starts "windows media player" by itself.

These issues have only been occuring for the past week or so. I don't believe I did anything to cause this.

I tried doing a Soft Reset which didn't help. I haven't tried a hard reset because that would be a last resort.

If anyone can help me I would truly appreciate it. Have a good weekend and thanks in advance,

Gabe
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Re: My phone calls people by itself when charging. Please help!

never under estimate the power of the dark side of the force.

Edit. i thanked you just for the entertainment value of your problem.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!

Last edited by DarkLord; 07-30-2010 at 09:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:51 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

I have seen this before......take it to a preacher and have him cleanse the phone for you.....you have to get rid of the demons....
Old 07-30-2010, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

If the only thing you've done is the update (I assume the 6.5 upgrade), then just back up your personal data and hard reset. If that doesn't work, you can try what Flyers recommended and get a priest to do an exorcism. Or maybe just make sure when you're plugging it in you're not accidentally hitting the talk button.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Twins Fanatic
Pocket PC: LG G3 and HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to gspitman Send a message via Yahoo to gspitman

Preacher my ass...

Here's what you need to do...

1) Make a voodoo doll of your TP2 and stick pins in the "call" button, (not the end button, I can't even describe the damage that would do)

2) Find a live chicken, remove it's head, then spray the blood and bile over the keypad WITH THE PHONE PLUGGED IN, it won't work if the phone is on battery.

3) If that doesn't work, Hard Reset.

I may not have helped, but you can click "Thanks" anyway!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

gabe23111 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
If the only thing you've done is the update (I assume the 6.5 upgrade), then just back up your personal data and hard reset. If that doesn't work, you can try what Flyers recommended and get a priest to do an exorcism. Or maybe just make sure when you're plugging it in you're not accidentally hitting the talk button.
Yes, the 6.5 upgrade is the only thing i've done. I think i'm going to go to the priest first and if that doesn't work i'll try the hard reset.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe23111 View Post
Yes, the 6.5 upgrade is the only thing i've done. I think i'm going to go to the priest first and if that doesn't work i'll try the hard reset.
I've got a local priest who specializes in WM so let me know if you need me to reach out to him. He's pretty good. I would personally recommend a Catholic one, and don't listen to the voodoo spewing fool GS above, I've tried the chicken route myself and it just made my keyboard sticky.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 AM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe23111 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I've got a local priest who specializes in WM so let me know if you need me to reach out to him. He's pretty good. I would personally recommend a Catholic one, and don't listen to the voodoo spewing fool GS above, I've tried the chicken route myself and it just made my keyboard sticky.
i'm thinking the dark side is much more powerful than any priest. and as far as the chicken goes, i ended up flouring and frying mine....
Old 07-30-2010, 10:20 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
i'm thinking the dark side is much more powerful than any priest. and as far as the chicken goes, i ended up flouring and frying mine....
dont lie...we know what you stuck in the chicken!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
dont lie...we know what you stuck in the chicken!
that was gs and fish. tagged teamed it. it was so tore up i had to get another chicken to cook.

and damn...someone even thanked you for your helpful post...lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
calling, charging