PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 12:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

intel8052 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Poor performance TP2 with WM6.5

So I haven't been on here in quite a long while, but I have been thinking I would have to come back and start frequenting the forum again soon... well phone issues seem to have brought me back instead of simply wanting to check back in and maybe play around with my ROM

I would say sometime last fall sprint upgraded me from a TP to a TP2 due to my phone dying on me. I definitely agreed the TP was a very problematic phone and had no issues with them upgrading it. At that time I got a refurb TP2 with WM6.1. The phone ran great for a long while until the earpiece speaker went bad, so the sprint store replaced the phone with a BNIB TP2 running WM6.5...

Ever since I got the phone with WM6.5 it has been slow as hell. The browser takes significantly longer to load, even tough-flow or whatever it's called lags and is super choppy. I'm guessing that it's just all the extra "stuff" that was added (animated/weather home screen for one) but I wanted to check if I am the only one with this problem... Sorry if it has already been discussed somewhere, I skimmed over a few pages worth of the TP2 sub-forum and didn't see anything.

Oh and if WM6.5 is really proving to be the problem is there any way to down-rev to 6.1? I suppose I could just flash a ROM but was going to avoid doing that for now incase I sell the TP in favor of another phone.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Twins Fanatic
Pocket PC: LG G3 and HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to gspitman Send a message via Yahoo to gspitman
Re: Poor performance TP2 with WM6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel8052 View Post
So I haven't been on here in quite a long while, but I have been thinking I would have to come back and start frequenting the forum again soon... well phone issues seem to have brought me back instead of simply wanting to check back in and maybe play around with my ROM

I would say sometime last fall sprint upgraded me from a TP to a TP2 due to my phone dying on me. I definitely agreed the TP was a very problematic phone and had no issues with them upgrading it. At that time I got a refurb TP2 with WM6.1. The phone ran great for a long while until the earpiece speaker went bad, so the sprint store replaced the phone with a BNIB TP2 running WM6.5...

Ever since I got the phone with WM6.5 it has been slow as hell. The browser takes significantly longer to load, even tough-flow or whatever it's called lags and is super choppy. I'm guessing that it's just all the extra "stuff" that was added (animated/weather home screen for one) but I wanted to check if I am the only one with this problem... Sorry if it has already been discussed somewhere, I skimmed over a few pages worth of the TP2 sub-forum and didn't see anything.

Oh and if WM6.5 is really proving to be the problem is there any way to down-rev to 6.1? I suppose I could just flash a ROM but was going to avoid doing that for now incase I sell the TP in favor of another phone.
What you're running right now is the "Official Sprint WM6.5 ROM" which has been thoroughly discussed in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114747

If you'd like to have 6.5 and better performance, look into one of the custom ROMs, I'm currently running Mr. X

I may not have helped, but you can click "Thanks" anyway!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

intel8052 is a n00b

Awesome, thanks for the link! Will def look into it. I am currently at work so I couldn't spend too long searching for myself I just had to wait 30+ seconds to get to the browser tab of touchflo/sense and got fed up and posted w/o much research.

Thanks again
-Scott
Old 07-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Twins Fanatic
Pocket PC: LG G3 and HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to gspitman Send a message via Yahoo to gspitman

No problem!

Also, if you want to go back to 6.1 (please don't) you can by flashing the Stock 6.1 ROM in the stock roms thread.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

ain't nothing wrong with 6.1 its more stable and there's more free RAM, I recommend u try the blackout rom 6.1 that's what I have now and its basically like the stock 6.1 cept with sense 2.5 and more free RAM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2