PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shattered Screen - Options?

So...my screen is shattered. Works fine - but shattered.

Anyway, I know there have been a ton of threads about replacing them etc...
I guess my question is - what are my options?

I have a VzW INTERNATIONAL unlimited package (travel a lot). Verizon has dropped the Tp2 from their site - and frankly I am not thrilled about any of the other phones they list on their site for International use.

For current TP2 users do they still have new TP2s to replace damaged ones? Or would they try to stick me with something like the Imagio ???

The other option I guess I have is a different provider but the only other provider offered by my company is AT&T...and I refuse to have an iPhone.

Or - should I just try and replace the screen myself ???

I will of course contact Verizon and ask these same questions...just wanted to get some input from everyone here.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2010, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work
Re: Shattered Screen - Options?

Get the ATT Tilt 2 online for $200 w/ 2yr service
Old 07-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintmr View Post
Get the ATT Tilt 2 online for $200 w/ 2yr service
Sorry I should have clarified my company only offers AT&T for people that want an iPhone - thanks for the suggestion though!

How come (not that I want to switch to Android - just curious more than anything) the X or the Incredible, etc... are not built for International use?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Sorry I should have clarified my company only offers AT&T for people that want an iPhone - thanks for the suggestion though!

How come (not that I want to switch to Android - just curious more than anything) the X or the Incredible, etc... are not built for International use?
Why do that when you can have a new screen installed for a small price. Try looking around for cell phone repair centers. A lot of them will install a brand new screen for about 50 - 100 dollars. Which is about the same it would cost for insurance to give you a refurb anyway.. Other then that I'm not to sure.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

my options suck. almost looks like i will be forced to go with an iphone.

i think if that is the case i will continue using my cracked tp2 until a decent alternative comes out...
Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

why wouldnt you want an iphone? WM is dead... and android is just and open source WM..which is becoming flooded with crapware..and unstable roms. I would say go iphone, heck i ordered mine last night! good bye TP2.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

cuz apple blows...plain and simple
Old 07-26-2010, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
For current TP2 users do they still have new TP2s to replace damaged ones? Or would they try to stick me with something like the Imagio ???
for warranty replacements, they are still giving out tp2's, but i'm not sure about insurance replacements. If they do, then you can just pay the 90 dollar deductible and they will ship you a new/like new one.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: PagePlus

XxQuikSh0txX is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintmr View Post
cuz apple blows...plain and simple
Couldn't have said it better myself.
And anyways why would you want a Iphone for? They already screwed up on the iphone4.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
why wouldnt you want an iphone? WM is dead... and android is just and open source WM..which is becoming flooded with crapware..and unstable roms. I would say go iphone, heck i ordered mine last night! good bye TP2.
why? oh I don't know...maybe because:

- non removable battery, kind of a big deal for someone that travels a lot to foreign countries
- non upgradable memory (work doesnt generally but you a 32 gig iphone). because of this i end up taking my personal devices with me and if i lose / break them, tough. with the tp2 i can "live" with the camera usually, i watch movies on it, i listen to music on it, etc... yeah iphone can do that stuff, but without an extra battery or enough storage - not very well
- inability to run multiple apps at once (yes i know 4 has this...but i wouldnt be getting a 4. i am sure i could change the software and make it work but...)
- teathering
- customization
- hardware keyboard
- etc...

and as someone else put it - apple blows.

i am not saying the iphone is not a good device. i do think it is drastically overate for what it does.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2