PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 04:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

leon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to leon_live
I don't understand all the unlockers!!

Can someone please explain me in simple words the difference between, Radio Unlocker, SIM Unlocker and HSPL Unlocker

Well, I pretty much know that the HSPL unlocker is to be able to flash any custom rom, but for the others I don't get it.

The main reason why I want to learn more about this, is because I want to move my Sprint TP2 to another wireless provider that is only available in my area, is kinda a local company and they accept Sprint phones but I want to learn more about this unlockers before I took it to one of their stores.

Please explain me in simple words, what is the purpose of each unlocker and the difference.

Thanks in advance guys =D

-leon_live

Last edited by leon_live; 07-24-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: I don't understand all the unlockers!!

The radio unlocker will allow you to use unlocked radios on your Sprint phone. Not sure if it really affects other carriers or not. It's meant so that you can use AT&T and/or T-Mobile with it. Sprint's TP2s came SIM unlocked already, but the radio locks out the use of the domestic carriers, hence the radio unlocker to allow you to use domestic carriers.

SIM unlocker is so that you can use any SIM in the phone. You can likely perform the SIM unlock for free just by calling your carrier and asking them for the unlock code, though some carriers are less willing to do this for you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
not to be rude man, but you got both of those wrong. just letting you know

Darn... OK thanks.... I deleted my post to stop any confusion, maybe you should edit yours so no one else reads it and is as confused as I am. LoL

Old 07-24-2010, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
Darn... OK thanks.... I deleted my post to stop any confusion, maybe you should edit yours so no one else reads it and is as confused as I am. LoL
lol. as you wish
Old 07-24-2010, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

your wrong about sim for sprint. the sim unlocker for sprint is so you can use any u.s gsm carrier sim with it. it will not work with out it being unlocked. sprints only works with non u.s carriers for sim. for when you travel out side of u.s . why the unlocker is made. as for calling carrier to unlock sprint wont do it. verizn does sprint wont. you will need sim unlocker.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 07-25-2010, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon_live View Post
Can someone please explain me in simple words the difference between, Radio Unlocker, SIM Unlocker and HSPL Unlocker

Well, I pretty much know that the HSPL unlocker is to be able to flash any custom rom, but for the others I don't get it.

The main reason why I want to learn more about this, is because I want to move my Sprint TP2 to another wireless provider that is only available in my area, is kinda a local company and they accept Sprint phones but I want to learn more about this unlockers before I took it to one of their stores.

Please explain me in simple words, what is the purpose of each unlocker and the difference.

Thanks in advance guys =D

-leon_live
are you trying to use this with another GSM provider or CDMA provider?
Old 07-25-2010, 05:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

leon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleon_live is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leon_live

Thanks everyone for you help.

So far I understand it lil bit more but I still confuse, d'oh!

What I want is to move it to another wireless provider, I pretty sure that no one have hear it, but the company is called "ClearTalk". I'm not sure is they carry GSM or CDMA, but since they can accept Sprint phones I'm guessing is CDMA.

Long time ago, like two years ago, I asked them if they accept my HTC Mogul and they no because they can't accept PPC or Smartphones. I don't know about today, since I haven't take some time to ask them but I'm pretty sure now they can.

And well, that's my plan for my TP2 since I'm planning on getting an iPhone but the end of this month, I want to give my TP2 to my sister in which she is on that wireless provider, and so I want to get more info about this unlockers to know if I'm going to need them or not.

Last edited by leon_live; 07-25-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

if they are cdma, then you dont have to do any unlocking. just call them and ask if they will accept your tp2

Last edited by razorloves; 07-25-2010 at 08:04 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2