PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

overlf0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Need Help with HTC Pro 2 - error 1012

Hello All, I'm new and just ran into a problem. I did a lot of reading and learning in the past two days and still found no solution. You guys are my last hope. Hope you can help.

Problem: I got a sprint touch pro 2 from craigslist. Called Sprint to activate and i'm getting error 1012. After many calls to tech support and visit to the store to no avail. Then i did some inspection myself and I think i found the problem. Basically, even tho this phone is branded sprint on the outside and inside, it probably was connected to Verizon. I found this after i call the voicemail from the phone and Verizon answers saying this is not a valid number since it has my phone number programmed now. More inspection found that the MEID does not match between what programmed inside the phone and the sticker under the battery. So i'm think they programmed this phone somehow to work with Verizon. I bought this phone thinking it will work on Sprint.

Can you guys help me get this working on the Sprint Network please. Sorry for the long story. Learning alot thru this ordeal.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:26 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7373 Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

1. no one here can help you with an issue like that.

2. meid not matching etc etc. thats no good buddy.

3. its a small chance the phone you possess may have been flashed/reprogrammed to a different carrier ie cricket,metro.

4. your post has an bad very bad ring to it. let it go.

5. that is all.

edit. mods please move. thx

edit2. wtf.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-21-2010 at 07:41 AM. Reason: edited out extra spaces - rstoyguy
Old 07-21-2010, 07:39 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Need Help with HTC Pro 2 - error 1012

Usually... Once a phone has moved from Sprints network to another carrier, or if it was not originally on sprints network... It's not gonna be able to put back on sprints network. The perils of buying from ebay/craigslist.

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

overlf0 is a n00b

The phone was originally sprint and the ESN is good. All i need to do is repair the ESN back to its original state which is on the sticker on the back of the phone. Would you guys know of good instruction that can help repair the ESN on the Touch pro 2?
Old 07-22-2010, 04:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

although i'm leaning towards what info[]box1 said above, i would like see exactly what is going on. Have you flashed the sprint stock rom to your phone yet? what prl is on your phone now? first you said the meid didn't match and then you said you wanted to repair the esn??? why do you need to repair esn if you said it has a good esn? are you saying the meid and the esn dont match the sticker?
Old 07-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here's what I would do. Get a hold of the seller, threaten for a refund or you turn it over to the authorities. What they did with the ESN/MEID is illegal. If all else fails and the MEID on the phones sticker is good in Sprints system then just google the following "your phone model" ESN repair. But I will say that it is not for armatures to attempt as you can really seriously brick a phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
error, esn, meid, sprint htc touch pro2, verizon