PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
phone hangs... remove stylus?

anyone else notice this?

its a shame ive only had my TP2 for 3 days and its already starting to slow down...

ive had this thing called "SOD" or sleep of death from what i seen it called on here from searching. phone doesnt respond to anything...

but everytime this happens, i just pull out my stylus and the phone will become responsive again!

am i the only one?
Old 07-19-2010, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

kuluminati is keeping up the good workkuluminati is keeping up the good work
Re: phone hangs... remove stylus?

I had never given that a try. I flashed a custom rom and didnt worry about it anymore.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:38 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
anyone else notice this?

its a shame ive only had my TP2 for 3 days and its already starting to slow down...

ive had this thing called "SOD" or sleep of death from what i seen it called on here from searching. phone doesnt respond to anything...

but everytime this happens, i just pull out my stylus and the phone will become responsive again!

am i the only one?
what rom are you using?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

domoarigato is a n00b

stock 6.5 rom, sprint.

i cannot find a rom i like to flash. they all dont seem to flow very well for my liking...
Old 07-19-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

divineazn716 is a n00b

hey since ur using stock sprint rom, im using it too. i suggest you go to the OVERCLOCKING for the TP2 thread and get it and run it at 710. it definitely helps! lol, i got that info from some other users on here so much props to whoever it was that I seen it from but yea. go do that, you'll be happIER
Old 07-19-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
anyone else notice this?

am i the only one?
My wife's phone SOD's a lot and pulling out the stylus will light up the buttons but not wake the phone up. Sometimes if I do some combination of pulling out the stylus, sliding out the keyboard, pressing the power/sleep button and long-pressing the power/sleep button as if I'm trying to soft reset...then it'll come back on.

I also just read in another topic that if you keep your texts and e-mails to a manageable number, that can help. So that's the option we're trying now. I never get SOD's (2 in 6 months) and keep my texts and e-mails in low numbers...so that might be it. I'll let you know if it works.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

domoarigato is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by divineazn716 View Post
hey since ur using stock sprint rom, im using it too. i suggest you go to the OVERCLOCKING for the TP2 thread and get it and run it at 710. it definitely helps! lol, i got that info from some other users on here so much props to whoever it was that I seen it from but yea. go do that, you'll be happIER
thanks. i was actually looking at that thread earlier, but ti seems like theres no way for it to stay overclocked permanently. i think i may hold out for a better solution. going back into the program and OCing it seems like a PITA to me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2