PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

schick79 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any way to create a custom e-mail "Download message limit" option?

Anybody figure this out? The options jump from 50kb all the way up to entire message. I was looking for maybe a 100kb or 250kb option. That would let a majority of the HTML e-mails come through completely, but not try to download a 10MB e-mail someone might send. If someone has a solution, it would be much appreciated, thanks!
Old 07-18-2010, 02:03 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Any way to create a custom e-mail "Download message limit" option?

here the thing.. what do you get from a 50kb msg you dont get from a 200kb msg??

if the message is bigger than what you set, youll need to hit "download rest of message" anyways... your pics will never auto-download if thats what your trying to get..

but to answer, i dont think what your asking is possible
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I probably didn't phrase my question very well in retrospect. Your point is my point. I want a higher message limit than 50kb, but one doesn't exist except for "download everything" which I don't want. Occasionally I do get people that send music or videos by e-mail, and for the phone to start trying to download that would be a disaster. I just want something that would allow the slightly larger files to come through in whole automatically. I didn't know if a cab existed that created different file size limits, or if there was a registry entry that could be changed.

Thanks for trying!
Old 07-18-2010, 02:13 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

fyi, the phone will not auto download attachments! unless option is selected
use the full message option then and make sure do not download attachments is selected.. no attachment will be downloaded then
Old 07-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Can you separate out the attachments like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4395.JPG (96.6 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hmmm, actually, no. No I don't! How do I get that attachment option? I'm running Energy's Standard rom, build 23673 Sense 2.5. Just came out yesterday. Although, I don't recall seeing that option before, either.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I went to my fiancee's phone... she's running a month old Energy Cookie Home Tab version. Her's is the same way. Few things just to make sure I'm on the same page with you both:
1) There is no download attachments drop down box at all. I don't know if it should be there no matter what, or only when you choose Entire message. I chose entire message for two different accounts, restarted, and still that option doesn't appear at all.
2) These are both regular old internet POP e-mail accounts, not Gmail or Yahoo or something else. Actually, one is Yahoo, but I have it set up as POP.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Sorry I didn't respond in a timely manner. All my accounts other than exchange are IMAP - I wonder if/assume that makes a difference. POP is kind of a "dumb" protocol, maybe it lacks the ability to specify d/l limits for attachments.

I'm also on the stock ROM, if that makes any difference too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2