PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 10:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

brokensparrow is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why is my reception so poor now?

I used to have bars at home all the time. Now I'm consistently 1-2 bars and sometimes it even starts to roam! I'm wondering if this is something I can't fix, or it is caused by something that I did. I'm not sure when it started happening... probably pretty recently.

Recent modifications to my phone:
Unlocked using HardSPL
Flashed Mighty Rom
Flashed Stock Rom

Would unlocking cause a side effect like this?

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Why is my reception so poor now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensparrow View Post
I used to have bars at home all the time. Now I'm consistently 1-2 bars and sometimes it even starts to roam! I'm wondering if this is something I can't fix, or it is caused by something that I did. I'm not sure when it started happening... probably pretty recently.

Unlocked using HardSPL
Flashed Mighty Rom
Flashed Stock Rom

Thanks.
Nope, you should be good to go. Couple things to do

1. make sure to update prl and profile. this sometimes corrects the issue right from the get go.
2. if you have another sprint phone at home, check the connection on it. this confirms whether you are just having a network issue with sprint. if so, call tech support and report the outage. they may ask you to hard reset but if you know two devices have poor connection, than this shouldnt be required. Have them check the tower in your area for data.

at least 3 times a year my coverage drops considerably and I always call them and complain. couple days later it usually comes back but it usually need to call them a couple times to report the issue. oddly enough, most times I called they did recognize a network issue at my tower so its of value to call then.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

nutter218 is a n00b

You're probably holding it wrong. ;D Just kidding.
/Troll

If anything you can call retentions and tell them you're coverage at home is bad and you could be able to obtain an airave free of charge. your mileage may vary (ymmv). Definitely try to update your PRL and profile before you do call though.

Good Luck.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

brokensparrow is just getting started

Thanks for the responses. I'll check with my brother's Samsung Instinct once he gets home... Already updated PRL and Profile and nothing's changed.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:

Unlocked using HardSPL
Flashed Mighty Rom
Flashed Stock Rom

Thanks.
depends which stock rom you flashed. there's 2 different sprint stock roms and they have different radios and pri's, which can definitely affect your reception.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The iPhone thing is getting resolved so there are just fewer bars to go around.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. I'll check with my brother's Samsung Instinct once he gets home... Already updated PRL and Profile and nothing's changed.
cool, same here, I check my wife's instinct when coverage sucks. lol. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:42 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
The iPhone thing is getting resolved so there are just fewer bars to go around.
ha LOL!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2

c0ch3s3 is a n00b

rileyd5's suggestion about updating the PRL was a good one. you can do that right from the phone.

another thing that can strongly affect signal strength is battery strength. if you have an older battery, say...over 1.5 yrs old, it wont hold a charge for as long because it will not charge up as much as it used to. this can cause a decrease in signal strength. if you think this might be the case, you can usually have your battery tested for free at a local store.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ch3s3 View Post
rileyd5's suggestion about updating the PRL was a good one. you can do that right from the phone.

another thing that can strongly affect signal strength is battery strength. if you have an older battery, say...over 1.5 yrs old, it wont hold a charge for as long because it will not charge up as much as it used to. this can cause a decrease in signal strength. if you think this might be the case, you can usually have your battery tested for free at a local store.
he already said he updated his prl.
and sorry, but i think your battery statement is bologney.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2