PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new TP2 owner, questions... (ive searched)

hey guys,

new owner of a tp2! coming from a treo pro, and i have some questions...

1) in landscape mode when i pop out the keyboard, it seems like it looses cleartype sometimes? the text gets jaggedy is there any way to fix this?

2) i have the sprint version and i was wondering if i could get my TP2's interface like the one in this picture here. mines all colorful and i want to make it more simple looking

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q-3_PaJrcL...Touch+Pro2.jpg

thanks!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:10 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: new TP2 owner, questions... (ive searched)

to get your homescreen looking like that use this
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro%20...60652_Ship.exe
that is the old 6.1 stock sprint rom. im assuming your on the stock 6.5 rom. you shouldnt need to unlock or do anything except d/l that exe and run it on your computer. it will give you instructions.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

domoarigato is a n00b

thank you, are there any bugs on the older ROM? i know i will probably have to apply the 2016 text patch.

also, it seems like there are 2 different texting interfaces, the windows one, and the HTC sense one. is there any way to just default it to a single texting GUI? sorry if im not clear.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:17 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

nothing that installs clean. there is a app to disable htc messaging, but then you cant access texts by tapping on them in sense. you have to hit all messages, then select the convo. this only works on 6.1
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB (21.7 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

domoarigato is a n00b

thanks so much austin.

this is crazy, so much more support for this phone than the treo pro lol.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
hey guys,

new owner of a tp2! coming from a treo pro, and i have some questions...

1) in landscape mode when i pop out the keyboard, it seems like it looses cleartype sometimes? the text gets jaggedy is there any way to fix this?
here ya go
Attached Files
File Type: cab Nobody's ClearTypeInLandscape.cab (1.1 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
thanks so much austin.

this is crazy, so much more support for this phone than the treo pro lol.
And it makes all the difference in the world
Old 07-18-2010, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

domoarigato is a n00b

lol... thank you guys soo much! i could get used to this haha...

now only if android could work 100%
Old 07-18-2010, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

domoarigato is a n00b

is there any way to change the linking / items on the scroll bar? i would like to use another GPS navi program and not sprint.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:42 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
is there any way to change the linking / items on the scroll bar? i would like to use another GPS navi program and not sprint.
scroll bar? you mean the Nav Tab? same difference i suppose lol.. if so, im pretty sure its sprint or nothing as far as the actual tab goes.. obviously you can open any app you want for Nav, but the Tab is not changing...

youd have to rewrite all the manila files, edit some registry, and a bunch of other stuff just to attempt it.. not to mention the trial and error sessions...

could be noone just ever got around to it and never had the time for it.. but im pretty sure it safe to say, if it could be done; it probably would have been done by now...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2