PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Ryum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Erase an old cab, or icon?

I put geny dualboot on my phone yesterday, and I went to take it off today, but on the start menu the icon for this program is still there, even though it doesn't work

I went to reinstall it, and it throws up the prompt that the previous version will be uninstalled. I hit okay, and then it says it can not be installed.

Any advice?
Old 07-17-2010, 04:01 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Erase an old cab, or icon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryum View Post
I put geny dualboot on my phone yesterday, and I went to take it off today, but on the start menu the icon for this program is still there, even though it doesn't work

I went to reinstall it, and it throws up the prompt that the previous version will be uninstalled. I hit okay, and then it says it can not be installed.

Any advice?
if you wanna remove old icon goto windows/start menu/programs i would back up/clear storage to remove everything. just my opinion.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ryum is a n00b

I don't know what you mean by "back up/clear storage" but I was able to find the icon in that directory and delete it. Thanks
Old 07-17-2010, 04:22 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

things like dual boot leave a mess when uninstalled. you know that icon? it prolly wasnt the only thing left over. what darren was saying is to regularly back up your device, so when something like this happens, an app doesnt uninstall cleanly, you can hard reset (clear storage) and restore all your settings and contacts automatically.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

In order to remove icons you only need one program and a few steps. Here is how its done:

Step One - Open your File Explorer

Step Two - Go to the "Windows" folder

Step Three - Now open the "Start Menu" folder

Step Four - Now inside Start Menu, You will see "Programs" and "Settings", Open "Programs"

Step Five - Now Scroll Down until you see the App you want to Remove

Step Six - Once you find the App, Hold down (with the Stylus) until an options menu pops up.

Step Seven - Now simply click on "Delete" and you are good to go.

That is all there is to it.
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 07-17-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ryum is a n00b

That is a good idea, how do you back up your phone to the SD card? contact and the usual stuff?

This time I am just going to put my contacts on the SD card then hard reset, then from them on will back up the phone before I try new stuff.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:45 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryum View Post
That is a good idea, how do you back up your phone to the SD card? contact and the usual stuff?

This time I am just going to put my contacts on the SD card then hard reset, then from them on will back up the phone before I try new stuff.
Sashimi, PIM Backup, Ms MyPhone - all free

Sprite, SPB backup - paid
Old 07-17-2010, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ryum is a n00b

buy an app to back the contacts up? isn't there just a directory in the phone I can Copy and paste to the SD card and paste it back after a hard reset?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:16 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well sure.. its PIM.vol.. and its on the root of your device.. its not recommended to just copy and paste it though.. im sure others will back me up on that too..
Old 07-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
well sure.. its PIM.vol.. and its on the root of your device.. its not recommended to just copy and paste it though.. im sure others will back me up on that too..
+1. Trust him (us) on this one. Bored knows his shit, so when he talks, its just best to listen (I got your back Bored).

Just get one of the programs and thank him (us) later. You will be glad you did.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2