PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Wifi Router Keep Disconnecting Data...

OK so this is getting INSANE frustrating... I use my TP2 as my sole internet source via the HTC Wifi Router. For some reason, my data connection intermittently will disconnect, thus killing my internet connection. The Wifi Router will say "Connecting Verizon Wireless", but it never connects it again. So I have to hit "Stop", wait for it to kill the wifi, then hit "Start" again, wait for the laptop to re-connect to the internet...

I can't seem to nail down a specific instance of what is causing this...

I've checked:

Battery strength
Signal strength
Phone temperature
Available memory

All of these don't make any difference. And sometimes (like today) it kills te data connection every 5 minutes!!! Sometimes it will go for several hours, and sometimes it doesn't do it at all...

HELP! Days like today are crazy frustrating, and near impossible to get anything done...
Old 10-02-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Huawei Ascend
Carrier: Cricket

xlarkascendingx is a n00b
Re: Wifi Router Keep Disconnecting Data...

bump bump id like to know as well for my tp1, same software
Old 10-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

try this one, works great.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just out of curiosity what custom are you running. i have this happen to me on plutonium on my vacation. was driving me mad.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 10-02-2010, 04:14 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

sounds like the idle timer.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
sounds like the idle timer.
idk what his case was but mine do it in the middle of downloading. lol
Old 10-02-2010, 05:01 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think somehow the timer doesn't see the traffic. I'm pretty sure I've experienced similar before. haven't had the problem ever since my idle timer stopped working (somewhere I have a reg setting telling the connection to stay alive, call me lazy idk)
Old 10-02-2010, 05:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i say no matter what, itll just happen sometimes.. i "backup" my scratched DVDs ALLLLLL DAY LONG almost everyday via the Internet and use 30GBs of data a month..

the Wifi Router App just stops sometimes.. obviously if its happening every 5mins then yes, somethings wrong.. but if it stops after several hours, you cant really fault it.. same thing happens with ICS, every now and again you get the "remote party has ended the connection" popup... im assuming the WifiRouter App just wasnt written to coincide with the stock popup that ICS uses or we'd see it in W.R... its probably the same thing in WR, just minus the popup
Old 10-02-2010, 05:14 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i say no matter what, itll just happen sometimes.. i "backup" my scratched DVDs ALLLLLL DAY LONG almost everyday via the Internet and use 30GBs of data a month..

the Wifi Router App just stops sometimes.. obviously if its happening every 5mins then yes, somethings wrong.. but if it stops after several hours, you cant really fault it.. same thing happens with ICS, every now and again you get the "remote party has ended the connection" popup... im assuming the WifiRouter App just wasnt written to coincide with the stock popup that ICS uses or we'd see it in W.R... its probably the same thing in WR, just minus the popup
yup, but i'm not sure there isn't something we can do (better) to prevent this. again, I've experienced as you describe, but (running a mighty rom [sense disabled] all summer) my phone will randomly lock up when using heavy data (wifi or usb), instead sometimes with usb winXP's "connections tray" will freaze. I then have to switch to wifi, but ultimately restart the computer.
I'm wondering if those of us with issues have tweaked tcp/ip settings and the pc and phone end up set differently so one of the two has to compensate until it runs out of steam.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:46 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

yeah i dont think theres anything that can be done really..

my Laptop is not tweaked at all.. i dont pay attention to the Comp World like i do the Cell Phone Market.. so maybe that could be an issue.. but it happens to me usually once atleast every 24hrs where i get a disconnect, and i dont have any tweaked settings.. so idk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2