PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

adrian22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Your text message cannot be sent" - How to fix this?

I am having problems with my text messaging. Ever since I tried to send an SMS while roaming, I have been getting the message: "Your text message cannot be sent." When I click OK, text messages go through but it pops up at strange times and makes getting all of my messages a problem. I have tried removing the battery and soft resetting and the message is the first thing to come up. I am trying to avoid a hard reset, any ideas?
Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: "Your text message cannot be sent" - How to fix this?

Roaming sucks, always get wacky crap when I am roaming, I think thats just the nature of the beast.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

adrian22 is a n00b

Problem is that now that I am home I am still having this problem. Is a hard reset my only option?
Old 07-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

What Rom are you using?
Old 07-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

adrian22 is a n00b

I'm using WM 6.5
Old 07-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian22 View Post
I'm using WM 6.5
Stock or custom?
Old 07-07-2010, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

this only happened to me when i was in low signal areas... what i would try to do is run updateprl and see what that does for you
Old 07-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I get this every time that I send out a message at exactly the same time a new phone call comes in. It really is annoying and I just resend out the text. Eventually the nag you're talking about goes away but it's not pleasant by any means.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

This happens to me randomly when one of the following is true:

-I am sending a long message that consists of more than 1 text message

or

-I am sending a message in a low-signal area

or

-There is a very short messaging outage in my area (they normally last less than 30 minutes)
Old 07-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

adrian22 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
this only happened to me when i was in low signal areas... what i would try to do is run updateprl and see what that does for you
I'm running stock Sprint 6.5.

updateprl didn't seem to do the trick.

The problem is that I am still getting this after leaving the low signal area which is where it started. This has been happening for a month every time I soft reset and other random times when the SMS program runs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2