PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any hardware differences in last 9 months?

Hello all, I am in the market for an HTC TP2 but will be not be buying from Sprint. I am doing this so I do not waste my upgrade. There are a couple of Craigslist entries not too far from my home (I don't live near any big cities really) and one of those is for a 9 month old $100 TP2. Here is the listing:

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/mob/1819701426.html

I was just wondering if there were any hardware or other differences between 9 months ago and now for the TP2? I wanted to get a brand new/pretty much new one for around $175 if possible (one listing for such price, but it may be sold already) but if I cannot, then I thought this may be a feasible option.

All thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited by Counterfeit; 07-06-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Any hardware differences in last 9 months?

As far as I know, there have NOT been any revisions (other than software) since the TP2 was released.

Any software change can be made after you get the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the quick reply! I guess it would really just come down to how the phone actually looked. Buying a 9 month old anything really just does not make me too comfortable.

PS

Thanks for creating the area code cab, I will definitely be installing that on my new phone when I buy it!

Last edited by Counterfeit; 07-06-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: PS
Old 07-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
Buying a 9 month old anything really just does not make me too comfortable.
I agree. I would be making sure everything was as-good-as-new, too :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
Thanks for creating the area code cab, I will definitely be installing that on my new phone when I buy it!
No problem, I hope you'll enjoy it!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I would have to say I have used several slider phones in the past and by far the TP2 has had some of the most stable hardware I have ever used. the Keyboard is just as snappy as the day I bought it and it's a Rock solid phone.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started

I'd take a look at the $100 one , he describes the screen as scratch-free, and the body in great shape so I think it would be worth it to lay hands on it and see what I thought. Sure can't beat that price that's for sure.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

make sure the ESN is clean before you finalize your purchase...

..$100 for a good condition TP2 is kind of tooooo good a deal, ya know?

the seller could take it to best buy and get $175 credit or $100 cash for it, sooooooooo, whys it being sold on craigslist instead, ya know??

be leary of internet deals that seem to good to be true, because they usuallu are just that..
Old 07-06-2010, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started

I dunno if $100 sounds too good to be true. I got mine for $140 and it was only two months old and like new with all boxes and accessories.

To make sure the ESN is clean, either get the ESN beforehand and call in to check it (then verify when you get there that the ESN matches what you were told) or, the guy I bought from suggested we just meet at the sprint store, and he waited while I got it activated, then I paid him. It's easy enough if you play your cards right, to avoid being burned.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

the seller could take it to best buy and get $175 credit or $100 cash for it, sooooooooo, whys it being sold on craigslist instead, ya know??

be leary of internet deals that seem to good to be true, because they usuallu are just that..
Quite true. And people definitely want to believe that the deal they find is kosher, even with evidence against. Possible water damage or maybe loose parts..who knows. Doesn't hurt to look, however, maybe they just need quick cash and believe that it's only worth $100 after the 9 month depreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
I dunno if $100 sounds too good to be true. I got mine for $140 and it was only two months old and like new with all boxes and accessories.

To make sure the ESN is clean, either get the ESN beforehand and call in to check it (then verify when you get there that the ESN matches what you were told) or, the guy I bought from suggested we just meet at the sprint store, and he waited while I got it activated, then I paid him. It's easy enough if you play your cards right, to avoid being burned.
Thanks for the tip. I'll text them tomorrow to receive the ESN, and then if I head to Columbia and decide to buy, I'll see if we can go to the Sprint store also.

Thanks for all the input guys. Now that I know for sure I want the TP2, I'm becoming impatient and I know that when I'm impatient I might get snookered Ha. Thanks again, these forums are great.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

I didnt know I can do that.....I have like 2 scratches on it with the box and everything. Do I need that too? Do I need to sign a contract or I can just walk in?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2