PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 06:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

FP5241 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Recent Anomalies..

Hello everyone!

I thought I would make a thread about recent issues I have come across with my Touch Pro 2. I figured maybe someone can help me out, or maybe other people have come across these issues as well and can get helped out too.

First, some info:

ROM: Stock 6.5 MR2/Manila 2.5
Unlocked as of 6/3/10

Ok, so I have had my TP2 on the stock Verizon 6.1 ROM. When the MR2 6.5 update came out, I upgraded. So far it has been fine for the past month or 2. Buggy but nothing terrible (Manila is sluggish at times lol). Well, today I got bombarded by a bunch of weird anomalies....

1. First, I have been using Opera Mini 5 beta since I did the MR2 6.5 upgrade. It has been working great, but today, for no reason all my saved pages/start page/history was gone. The welcome to Opera screen came up like I just installed it. Wiped clean.

2. Then I tried to play music and the Manila music player could not find any of my songs. Playlists were gone as well. I tried soft resets, reinserting the sd card and letting it sit powered down for a few minutes.. nothing worked. The music plays in WMP and GSPlayer but not in the Manila Music Tab.

3. Finally, The stock Youtube app replaced some bookmarks with random, unrelated videos.

All started this morning... :/

Now, on 6/3/10 I unlocked the phone for the 1st time. I don't know if that could produce these kinda issues or not, but I did not have any issues the first 24+ hours after the unlocking. It was only today when all of this started.

I don't have any saved emails and call logs/mms/sms are all cleared. I only have about 150 songs on my sd and some wallpapers... not sure if any of that would matter...

Well, that's it... hope someone can throw me a bone or two.
If not, then I guess I will be doing some research on finding a new ROM.

Thank you for your time, and thanks for making this place so helpful!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

FP5241 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Recent Anomalies..

Alright!!! Quick Update!!!

I searched and searched and found a fix for the Music Tab problem!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=40

All I did was I went to Application Data/HTC/Audio Manager and deleted the Audio Manager file in there. It was dated with today's date. I went straight to the Music Tab and it updated itself and DONE! No soft reset or anything!

One problem down!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2