PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G
Carrier: Sprint

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth In Call Volume for Scosche BlueFusion Car Kit

Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 with Sprint 6.5 ROM

I have installed a Scosche BlueFusion BFCL2K car kit in my GM vehicle. All works pretty good. It pairs as an ear piece and as a stereo connection for music.

Problem is that if I place a call once the call is connected I get a white windows mobile screen with a vertical slider I can watch the phone automagically slide the volume from maximum down to minimum. If I react quickly I can drag it back to max but if I don't then after a few seconds the window goes away and the volume is stuck at the minimum.

I have a Plantronics 655 bluetooth earpiece paired and it does not have this problem so I'm pretty sure its specific to the Scosche BlueFusion.

I've been searching the internet for over 3 weeks. I've tried editing AudioPara3.csv installing various cabs and installing S2U2. Can't seem to figure out where this device keeps its default in call volume. I've scoured the registry for "incall", "in call", "scosche", "bluefusion", "BT", "bluetooth" but can't find any setting specific to the car kit.

My Sprint Touch Pro2 uses Vin's Plutonium but my son just got a replacement Sprint Touch Pro2 and we paired it up with the same results.

Anybody with any ideas? Anybody know how to find the connection information for a paired bluetooth device (maybe its in there).

If I can't figure this out in less than a week it goes back to Best Buy.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff
Re: Bluetooth In Call Volume for Scosche BlueFusion Car Kit

Well, I let it go past the 30 day Best Buy return policy.

I called and talked to Scosche. As expected they were absolutely no help.

Still hoping somebody has an idea what needs to be done to fix this.

Thanks.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm still hoping to find a solution to this. I'm wondering whether there the problem might be that the Scosche BlueFusion is not one of the headsets or car kits in audiopara3.csv. Anybody know what Windows Mobile does if it doesn't find a match? Is there a unique ID assigned to each bluetooth device that audiopara3.csv uses?

Any ideas are appreceiated.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have searched the intertubes again. Found one guy who complained about the problem some time ago but no solution.

Hoping somebody can tell me how to turn off the windows mobile volume slider (not sense slider) on a Sprint touch pro2 when I connect a call on my BlueFusion carkit. THis does not happen with my Plantronics headset.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Still trying to find a solution to this. Recently I've tried installing every volume or call manager that I can get my hands on to see if I can "lock" my in call volume on this car kit. Sad that I have to keep my hand on the volume up hard key for 5 - 10 seconds after answering or placing a call to make sure that my hands free volume doesn't minimize itself.

Open to any / all ideas!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730
Still trying to find a solution to this. Recently I've tried installing every volume or call manager that I can get my hands on to see if I can "lock" my in call volume on this car kit. Sad that I have to keep my hand on the volume up hard key for 5 - 10 seconds after answering or placing a call to make sure that my hands free volume doesn't minimize itself.

Open to any / all ideas!
Maybe try a 6.1 rom.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Still working on a solution for my mysterious in-call volume adjustment on my Scosche BlueFusion car kit. I'm wondering whether it may be a script that's doing the adjusting upon connect. I came across some posts that talk about the scripting commands for volume. If I watch the phone upon connect I can watch the WM slider go up and down on the screen until it settles to a minimum volume. Like it says go down to 25%, now full strength. Now down to 50% now down to minimum.

Or maybe there's some sort of acoustic listening going on that is measuring background noise and adjusting because of that (yeah, that's a long shot).

But the script thing I could see it possible that there's a script doing something like this: c75c0c100c25c0

Maybe somebody knows where the connect script can be found for bluetooth devices?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bluetooth in call volume, default bluetooth volume, scosche bluefusion