PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 11:07 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: is your tp2 flush or not?

the scratches are from YOU.. if you push down while you slide up, you may get the scratches..
Old 06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

audiringpwr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
only on phones i've dropped.

haven't dropped this phone yet, but i did check out my other 3 tp2 in the family and they all have the 2 halves slightly off center.

and there seems to be a clearance issue when sliding the keyboard out only on the right side since its only showing scratching on that side.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
the scratches are from YOU.. if you push down while you slide up, you may get the scratches..

no they are not. when i look at my phone and other phones there is already a lower gap tolerance on the right side of the phone.

besides, when i push my keyboard out i do it from the middle, so if anything my keyboard should be scratched up... but its just the edge on the right side.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
you didn't take the sticker off from around the keyboard did you???

i did only because it started to peel upward
Old 06-30-2010, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
Exact same thing I had. The clear keyboard stickers came up and were sticking to the top half. So I yanked them off about a month ago. No scratches on the keyboard yet........
btw, i'm not getting scrathes on the keyboard, just the empty space on the right side of the keyboard.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiringpwr View Post
haven't dropped this phone yet, but i did check out my other 3 tp2 in the family and they all have the 2 halves slightly off center.

and there seems to be a clearance issue when sliding the keyboard out only on the right side since its only showing scratching on that side.
Quote:
no they are not. when i look at my phone and other phones there is already a lower gap tolerance on the right side of the phone.

besides, when i push my keyboard out i do it from the middle, so if anything my keyboard should be scratched up... but its just the edge on the right side.
Quote:
i did only because it started to peel upward
Quote:
btw, i'm not getting scrathes on the keyboard, just the empty space on the right side of the keyboard.
first, u need to learn how to use multi quote(as shown) man.. youll save yourself a headache and some space in the process...unless your going for post counts-which would just be lame lol

second the right side of the slide, would be the bottom of the device-which is something your always holding/pressing..

last it doesnt matter where you push UP from.. it matters if your pressing downwards as well whilst doing it....

regardless its not going away, and itd be a hard fight to get it replaced because of it.. it happens to some and not others..
Old 06-30-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
first, u need to learn how to use multi quote(as shown) man.. youll save yourself a headache and some space in the process...unless your going for post counts-which would just be lame lol

second the right side of the slide, would be the bottom of the device-which is something your always holding/pressing..

last it doesnt matter where you push UP from.. it matters if your pressing downwards as well whilst doing it....

regardless its not going away, and itd be a hard fight to get it replaced because of it.. it happens to some and not others..
thanks for the tip on the multi quote... i'm a noob and really don't care about my post count. so a mod can take them all away for all i care.

and i don't push down when i'm pushing the keyboard up. i use the lightest pressure to push it up.

and i'm just going to live with it because eventually its going to happen to another one.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

Mine's off center. It wasn't initially, but it became so over time.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mine is off center as well. I noticed it after I used one of those plastic cases (Seidio Innocase) for a while. After a few months I took it off and noticed that the top and bottom are a bit off. In fact, I posted a similar thread a few weeks back. I never dropped my phone and it was always gently used. I guess it is just part of regular wear and tear... would love to get it aligned again though if possible.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

I have the exact same problem. Mine is offcentered and I do notice that there are scratches on the bottom right side of the keyboard. I wonder if it gets really bad if they will consider this a defect?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2