PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Free ActiveSync/OWA

Alright, so I finally have a super connection after years of suck ass comcast. Its unrestricted and I get 23mbit up and 70! down. I also purchased a few ips blah blah blah and took the time to set up an exchange 2007 server. I've worked all the kinks out and it is ready for production. If anyone wants a free and unlimited exchange account that they can use to sync their devices with, email me. Be sure to include your requested username. It will be username@ae34.com. Hope this helps at least one person out there

email: newusers at ae34.com

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com

Last edited by eldersoul; 06-29-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:17 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Free ActiveSync/OWA

lmao.. you want people to back up their devices to YOUR server?? i could understand ROMs or something for chefs, but not device backups
--thats alot of trust that your probably not going to get...
Old 06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

4 sign ups so far. Its not much but I'm glad to help. I hated not being able to sycn when I got my first device. As for the trust issue, its no different than a company hosted service. You still have some human manning things behind the scenes and while it would be possible to dredge up info, it would be an insane pain in the butt and I'm not out to do that.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

niteriderxp is becoming a great contributor

It's great that you want to help people out.
The reality is that anyone that signs up with you does not value their privacy.

Also running an Exchange Server requires a Client Access License for each user of the server.
Some companies opt to get an External Connector if they have enough users.
Offering an unlicensed service to the public is bound to attract the wrath of Microsoft.

I manage an Exchange server at work and its trivial to access another person's mailbox.
We constantly do it for our legal department and for managers of terminated subordinates.

The difference between ACME corp Exchange hosting and a private party is accountability.
Corporations are accountable for the privacy, reliability, and the safety of data.
Very rarely can this be said about private parties.

The WHOIS of the ae34.com domain appears to show legitimate contact info for some person in CA.
That's about as much credibility as can be given to this service.

There are safer alternatives though.
Gmail allows you to sync to it via ActiveSync for free and their web based email is not terrible.
There are multiple respectable service providers that charge anywhere from $5-10 a month.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

There certainly are more secure alternatives. For a small portion of non business users who have little more than a few phone numbers on their phone and a desire to play with ActiveSync, this is a good option. Not the safest, yes but it is an option. Use it or dont but it is here for those in need.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:47 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldersoul View Post
. I hated not being able to sycn when I got my first device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldersoul View Post
a desire to play with ActiveSync
umm is there a reason you think activesync doesnt work?? AS worked just fine when i got my TP2(i do think i had to uncheck the "faster data transfer" tho in the settings.. no biggie tho..

but AS works just fine, and is free already... so i dont understand your claim of "FREE activesync" as your title states..
Old 06-30-2010, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

... exchange based activesyc... you knew damn well what i was talking bout. Save your snarky nonsense comments for one of the thousand other threads you polluted with empty space. I'm done trying to help. The offer stands. Take it or leave it. As for me, I'm going back to hating every other pathetic excuse for a human in a world that has turned to shit.

Last edited by eldersoul; 06-30-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Easy dude...just leave your offer on the table, and if someone comes by and accepts it, than you can help someone out. No need to keep going on and on about security, etc. etc.

everyone who knows anything about exchange would know the pros and cons about this.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 06-30-2010, 05:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

cmptekinc is just getting started

To me it does sound a little fishy (sorry, not trying to offend the original poster), especially when there is no shortage of hosting solutions that are in fact free.
I have an Exchange box at home that I use for testing before I implement any changes on my production exchange box. But I would never think of opening it up to the public.
On the client`s end.. just like the other post states: people that do sign up, do not value their privacy, have no regard for their data.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I do agree with this. While I fancy myself a terribly trustworthy guy, anyone who signs up with me takes a huge risk. Dont bother applying unless you need it simply for testing purposes and you have a clean, info free phone. You. Have. Been. Warned!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2