PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

mycophiles is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NEW TP2: many reservations :: stock rom users opinions

After having the TP for a year and putting many many roms on and finally resorting back to stock rom weeks before a warranty issue I am hesitant to flash or install software. Reason being that with the roms the TP ran so much slower.

So with the TP2 I'm going to do the shadow data hack but am wondering about the other cabs. When using the stock rom do any of you guys experience speed issues. IE: does the phone slow down?

Just wanted some input from the guys who use stock rom.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: NEW TP2: many reservations :: stock rom users opinions

nope...no slow down on my phones. and i have somewhere between 20-25 cabs installed on my device running stock 6.1. most of them are tweak cabs and a few apps/games. and of course, i clean out my mails and text messages daily. having tons of messages you dont need hanging around in your phone can slow your device down as well.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 06-26-2010 at 05:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mycophiles is just getting started

+1 thanks

Thanks man. Good info is so simple sometimes.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

No Problems with my TP2. Like Mojary, I am still using the Sprint 6.1 ROM. Not using TF3D, I hate that HTC junk. I have a bunch of stuff installed, including many tweaks. No speed issues at all. opens apps very quickly, and no crashes, no SOD. Never had to do a hard reset and reinstall. Never failed to see SD Card.

Loving this TP2 with SPB MS 3.5.5 and Opera Mobile 9.5 build 15613. Also using CleanRam and PMClean. Also have Android Project on it. No plans on giving up on the TP2, even with using 2 Android devices along side it.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:38 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

agree with treotraveler on SPB MS. dont care much for TF3D either. turning it off gives me back much needed RAM for other apps. and with using SPB MS, you get the multiple android-type home screen....meaning more shortcuts you can put on one screen. although there is about a 1-2 second delay when clicking on icons using SPB MS....which is a non-issue for me...it still beats using TF3D.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

mobius999 is just getting started

Stock is super smooth, never any slow down. I actually went back to stock recently because of how fast it is.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

kuluminati is keeping up the good workkuluminati is keeping up the good work

i ran the stock 6.5 sprint rom for about 6 days before i unlocked and flashed a custom rom. coming from a diamond that was less than impressive, i am a fan of the tp2 stock 6.5 rom. i am always curious as to whats out there and have been running the gtx energy rom, i have had very good luck with this as well. i just keep my texts to a min, the more you have on the phone the slower it gets. i have had that issue since i had a touch. i have been very impressed with the stock rom feel and speed, i would see it as a rom i would go back to once i got tired of all the others.

i will say i am surprised to see so many people still running 6.1. that is impressive, especially with how everyone seems to always want the latest and greatest.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius999 View Post
Stock is super smooth, never any slow down. I actually went back to stock recently because of how fast it is.
you must of been using the wrong custom roms bud. that's crazy talk right there. lol
Old 06-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I am also running the stock 6.1 ROM. I up'd to the 6.5 Sprint release for a few hours (twice) and went back to 6.1. The reason: Exchange was hit and miss and being a HanDBase user, the calendar selection screen was not usable (way to big). I did use FlexMail for a long time and went back to the stock Pocket Outlook. I use Excel extensively and the latest release of SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5. Very reliable, no stability issues.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I would suggest trying Scott's rom and kitchen if you like 6.1. He does a great job and really speeds it up! He makes a rom and a easy to use kitchen. Good Stuff. In case you haven't checked it out, here you go:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111810

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2