PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Lost my Tp2 :( Need advice

Guys,
I lost my TP2 in south africa, I was planning on getting a new one. I wanted your advice. Someone on craigslist offered to sell me their 2 week old TP2 for $185. Is this a good price for a replacement?
My contract expires in October so I'm not sure if I should just wait and get a new phone then instead and get a $30 replacement for now...

The pros of getting a TP2 now are that my contacts list have been backed up using Myphone so I can just restore everything from there, the cons are that I'm not sure if it's worth $185 for a TP2 again...it's not the best phone out there but it is the best phone with my SERO plan!
Thanks for your help...
Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Lost my Tp2 :( Need advice

you can get a replacement for $30 and you are considering a $185 one?

while $185 is a good price for an "out of contract TP2", i'd go the $30 way if they'll let you.

Are you over there for the World Cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
Guys,
I lost my TP2 in south africa, I was planning on getting a new one. I wanted your advice. Someone on craigslist offered to sell me their 2 week old TP2 for $185. Is this a good price for a replacement?
My contract expires in October so I'm not sure if I should just wait and get a new phone then instead and get a $30 replacement for now...

The pros of getting a TP2 now are that my contacts list have been backed up using Myphone so I can just restore everything from there, the cons are that I'm not sure if it's worth $185 for a TP2 again...it's not the best phone out there but it is the best phone with my SERO plan!
Thanks for your help...

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

I think he means a different phone (flip phone) for 30.00.
185.00 for a barely used tp2 is worth it.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:08 AM
VIP Member

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

oh i agree then....If that's the case, i'd go the $185 route. It will still be worth that or $150 in a few months anyways because people will pay money to get out of contract phones and not be sucked into 1 and 2yr contracts.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yes I meant $30 for a flip phone, something very basic...

The TP2 is supposedly barely used and 2 weeks old. $185 sounded like a good price but I thought that once my contract ran out in 3 months I could get a brand new one for $199 (after renewing my contract of course)...

Anyway let's see what happens...I'm still debating this one.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

P.S: Yes I was there for the world cup, just got back the day before. Awesome experience, just wish I didn't lose my phone though
Old 06-30-2010, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

Have you used the "Lock Phone" or "Find Phone" feature in Microsoft My Phone. I've never heard of anyone using it, just wondering if it worked.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

This is my take on it, if you can get the TP2 for 185.00 and it's only 2 weeks old that's really a good deal and its going to hold some value so in a few months and there is something out you are still going to get a good price if you resell it.

Are you going to be happy with that 30.00 phone? probably not, every time you go to use it your going to be kicking your self for not getting a smartphone. I think even several months from now you are still going to be happy with picking up the TP2.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

That's a very good point. I probably won't be too happy without a smart phone. Especially after having one for nearly 3 years. Do all you guys have insurance? I think it's a waste of money because you pay $7 every month and then when you lose your phone you pay another 100 to get a new TP2. For example let's assume you've have insurance for 10 months and then lose your phone...That's $70 + $100 for a new replacement from Asurion out of pocket...waste of money...IMO
Old 06-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I personally don't pay for the Insurance but I am super careful with my phones. I think Insurance is the biggest legal scam out there but thats just my 2 cents.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2