PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hard Reset after Flash with Task

In the past it's always been recommended that we hard reset after a flash. Now with task 29 beforehand, should we still do the hard reset?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
Old 06-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Hard Reset after Flash with Task

most ppl say yes. i know i still do. takes 5 minutes, and potentially eliminates bugs for the life of the flash. if it saves me a hard reset down the road, thats worth it to me.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

georgepink is keeping up the good workgeorgepink is keeping up the good work
Re: Hard Reset after Flash with Task

Quote:
Originally Posted by karate134 View Post
In the past it's always been recommended that we hard reset after a flash. Now with task 29 beforehand, should we still do the hard reset?

I do. can't hurt as long as you do it before provisioning. On that note, the other day I did task 29, flashed, hard reset. Freezes, lockups, non responsive for a day and a half. Went to do another task 29 to see if maybe I had a bad flash and my usb was hit or miss. Would actually only connect to my pc 1 out of 5 or 6 tries. Hard reset, still same thing. Finally got it to connect and stay connected long enough to get through a task 29 and re-flash. It's been fine since. I have a feeling the 'bad port issues' people have talked about may in fact be bad flashes. nothing else has changed here. same pc, same cable, etc.

--Johan Wolfgang Von Goethe
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2