PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Setting up Hotmail as POP3 on Tilt 2

You can still get your Hotmail via Windows Live on your PPC.

But if you want to setup your Hotmail account as a POP3 account the info you need is this:

POP server: pop3.live.com
POP SSL required? Yes
User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example yourname@hotmail.com
Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
SMTP server: smtp.live.com
Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)
TLS/SSL required? Yes

Click on Start>Messaging>E-Mail>Setup e-Mail. One warning, on the first setup screen on the PPC if you put you@hotmail.com in the first box (you=your account name) when you click on next you will get a link to the Windows Live website and will not be able to continue. To fool it into not doing this so you can proceed to the rest of the POP setup, just put in me@me.com in that first box. You will be able to change it to your Hotmail account name later in the setup. I have done this and it works. You should be able to setup multiple Hotmail accounts on the Tilt 2 this way.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Setting up Hotmail as POP3 on Tilt 2

The newer WM builds actually don't redirect you to the mobile site anymore, and will auto-establish the server addresses.

I used to use the method above (don't have to now as I stated), but I had to assign the ports as well into the server addresses. I can't remember them off the top of my head...

EDIT* Here they are:

Incoming Server: pop3.live.com:995
Outgoing Server: smtp.live.com:25

Last edited by Kliptik; 06-23-2010 at 03:31 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2