PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

BK111968 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Taking the plunge and unlocking device tonight, question about when to activate radio

I'm getting a refurb device to replace my Touch Pro 2 which I upgraded with the new stock 6.5/Sense 2.5 rom and ran into problems with my yahoo account not working properly (Verizon said it was software and just sent me another device instead after doing multiple hard resets and re-adding the e-mail account).

Anyway, I decided that I'm going to try Mr. X's updated Verizon Rom (THANK YOU TO HIM) and noticed the phone had to be unlocked to do so (read up on the Hard SPL) but when I get the replacement should I activate the radio first or do the upgrade and then activate?

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Taking the plunge and unlocking device tonight, question about when to activate r

i don't think it matters which one you do first.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Taking the plunge and unlocking device tonight, question about when to activate r

I would recommend activating it first, I just recently upgraded my Brother in laws phone and it had Mightyrom installed on it before activating and I just could not get the data to connect but everything else worked. I flashed back to stock updated profile and bam it worked. flashed back to Mightyrom and all was well.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, cool- thanks

Just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be an issue after when doing the *228 ota programming thing.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I would recommend activating it first, I just recently upgraded my Brother in laws phone and it had Mightyrom installed on it before activating and I just could not get the data to connect but everything else worked. I flashed back to stock updated profile and bam it worked. flashed back to Mightyrom and all was well.
That's what I'm trying to avoid, I did a Verizon upgrade on my old 6800 way back when and had to call them because it wouldn't connect properly. I'll activate first just to make sure the refurb works....
Old 06-22-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ntl555 is becoming a great contributor

This is what I did.

Activate phone, made sure I liked it and tested everything out.
Unlocked HSPL
SIM-Unlocker
Tested the phone
Task29
Installed a ROM
Old 06-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK111968 View Post
That's what I'm trying to avoid, I did a Verizon upgrade on my old 6800 way back when and had to call them because it wouldn't connect properly. I'll activate first just to make sure the refurb works....
Yeah Ihad the same issue on my 6800 a few years ago. I neve ran into that issue on the TP or the TP2. But all the same, good idea to *228 first, then unlock and flash. Also, keep a VERY close eye on the refurbs. They're generally junk, (got my 2nd refurb coming in tomorrow...). So if there's even a slight issue when you activate it and use it for a couple days, I would call them and get a new one. Things generally just get worse...

Happy flashing!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Oh Good Grief, I can't believe how easy that was to flash this thing and seriously wish I had done this a long time ago.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2