PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Instinct
Carrier: sprint

pistu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
N00b questions

I was going to post these questions individually in different posts, thought it will be easier to just have it one post and maybe if some one else has any other questions they can add to the post:
1. How do I turn HTC Sense off. I
2. I have poker installed in my device, however it is only available in the real dice folder, how do I make a shortcut to the start page or to add to the quicklinks. ( found answer for this) I was able to add to quicklinks but wasnt able to find it in the home page.
3. How do I check the memory usage? When someone says the memory usage is around 90% where do you see it?
4. How do I close a window, for example when I go to my inbox and press the x button on the right hand corner the window closes, but when I look at task manager, it shows that my mailbox is running in the background.
5. Is there a way to double click to open an app instead of single click, when I try to swipe I accidentally open an app and it is getting annoying.
6. When I press start the start key at the top is there a way to make the page go to the home page with the clock, quicklinks etc instead of the home screen ( don’t know what you call this page).
7. When I install a cab, I usually download it to the storage device, when it asks whether to install to device or storage card, I usually specify device but once in a while I select storage card by accident but the program still shows up like the programs I install on my device. What is the advantage of installing it in device over storage card? and does it make a difference?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pistu; 06-22-2010 at 01:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: N00b questions

1) Start > settings > Today. Click the items tab at the bottom and then uncheck HTC sense

2) make a .lnk file.

3) Start > Settings > System > Memory

4) Start > settings > system > task manager. Browse to the button tab and select your desired settings.

5) Never researched it, i'm sure there are methods out there.

6) I have no idea what you are talking about lol sorry.

7) Just saves room...for large programs it could be useful. The only downside is that you can't use the programs if you happen to take out your card.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

1. Settings/Home/Items, uncheck HTC Sense

2. You already found the answer.

3. Settings/System/Memory (that’s where you can see it). For this I would recommend installing HTC task manager, I will attach the cab.

4. Settings/System/Task manager, click on the Button tab. Then select Close app when clicking X.

5. Not that I know of.

6. Just don’t have a answer for that.

7. Depending on what kind of program you are using, you may see a difference is quality running from the storage card. Programs that run all the time I would strongly recommend installing to the main memory. Installing programs that you only use now and then I could understand installing to the SD card.

Personally I install everything to the phone itself. Back in the days when you only had 32MB or 64MB you where really picky on what you installed to the main memory, now with the phones that are out I think they have plenty of memory to install just about everything to the main memory (exclusion for the people that think they need to have 200 programs install god only knows why).
Attached Files
File Type: cab jd TaskManager_2_1_19213732_17.cab (942.5 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Wesley762; 06-22-2010 at 02:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
1) Start > settings > Today. Click the items tab at the bottom and then uncheck HTC sense that worked thanks

2) make a .lnk file.that worked too.

3) Start > Settings > System > Memory
it says 40 mb free but doesnt specify what programs are in use.

4) Start > settings > system > task manager. Browse to the button tab and select your desired settings.
I dont see a taskmanager, but I did see a buttons Start>settings> Personal> When I click on it, I see send button (hold)- voice command. How do I add any other button to it?

5) Never researched it, i'm sure there are methods out there.

6) I have no idea what you are talking about lol sorry.
I know I should be more clear.. when I press the start at the top of the screen it takes me to the page with Home, Text, email icons and when I press home it takes me to the page with clock, weather, quicklinks. I am just curious is there a way that when I press start at the top of the screen it will take me to the home page with clock, weather and quicklinks.

7) Just saves room...for large programs it could be useful. The only downside is that you can't use the programs if you happen to take out your card.
Thanks, the reason I was asking was it says only 10 mb available on device memory so wasnt sure if I should install anything more on the device.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for both of your posts, I am just leaving the question that I still seek your answers.

4.To both of of your posts, I can go to Settings/all settings/System but dont see task manager. I am using HTC Touch pro2 wm 6.5 sprint stock rom, dont know if that makes a difference.
I think I can live without the rest, I realised the end key takes me to the home page so will use that for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post

3. Settings/System/Memory (that’s where you can see it). For this I would recommend installing HTC task manager, I will attach the cab.

4. Settings/System/Task manager, click on the Button tab. Then select Close app when clicking X.

5. Not that I know of.

6. Just don’t have a answer for that.

7. Depending on what kind of program you are using, you may see a difference is quality running from the storage card. Programs that run all the time I would strongly recommend installing to the main memory. Installing programs that you only use now and then I could understand installing to the SD card.

Personally I install everything to the phone itself. Back in the days when you only had 32MB or 64MB you where really picky on what you installed to the main memory, now with the phones that are out I think they have plenty of memory to install just about everything to the main memory (exclusion for the people that think they need to have 200 programs install god only knows why).
Old 06-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistu View Post
Thanks for both of your posts, I am just leaving the question that I still seek your answers.

4.To both of of your posts, I can go to Settings/all settings/System but dont see task manager. I am using HTC Touch pro2 wm 6.5 sprint stock rom, dont know if that makes a difference.
I think I can live without the rest, I realised the end key takes me to the home page so will use that for now.
If it's not there, install the program I attached and that will add it.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Tree Trunk Killa

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can probably map the start icon to the home screen, but why not just use the end key? I believe that will take you back to the home screen and keep all your programs open as well.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

That worked. thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
If it's not there, install the program I attached and that will add it.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Since i use stylus often thought it would be easier if I could change teh start button for home screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
You can probably map the start icon to the home screen, but why not just use the end key? I believe that will take you back to the home screen and keep all your programs open as well.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Tree Trunk Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistu View Post
Since i use stylus often thought it would be easier if I could change teh start button for home screen.
Makes sense.

Here is a program that lets you change just about every button function on the phone (including double tap I believe):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2