PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

p0iuyt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Facebook Links Lost from Contacts

I have all my contacts linked to their FB account before I flashed my phone with the Energy ROM earlier today. Afterwards, the picture ID didn't pop up so I clicked into one of the contact and unlinked it and the phone froze. I hit end to go back to the home screen. When I scrolled back to Contacts and try to relink that person to their FB account, it couldn't even find that person. I looked in FB App and that friend doesn't show up anywhere, the postings from that person are all still there on my page but with no avatar & I can't even go to that person's page. If i were to use FB on my laptop, that person is still there. When I looked into my outlook contact, the following message shows in the NOTES section

<HTCData><!-- Please do not modify -->
<Facebook></Facebook>
</HTCData>

So far:
I have removed and re-linked their FB account
I have tried to add the code back in the notes using the FB profile ID from the contacts FB page
I have deleted the contact and re-entered the information and attempted to relink the FB account
I have hard reset my phone

I am out of ideas on how to restablish the link on this contact...any other ideas? Please help!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Facebook Links Lost from Contacts

Did you edit your personal contact card and log into your FB from your contact card? That's all I have to do aftr a flash and it restores all my contact links. Go to:

All People > Me (My Contact Card)

Then log into your FB at the bottom of the screen.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

p0iuyt is a n00b
Re: Facebook Links Lost from Contacts

yeah I tried that too. It seems like it's some how reflected in the FB apps. Even after the hard reset and I logged into the FB Apps first before even loading my contacts back in my phone, that specific contact couldn't be found either. If I log on with FB online still using my phone, that person pops up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2