PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 03:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LinkRS is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Verizon MR2 Problem with Video Playback?

Hi Everyone,

I installed the MR2 update to my stock Verizon TP2, and am now unable to play back my mp4 video files. With MR1, they played just fine, and now all I get is the picture, no sound. I tried to see if it was an AAC issue, but I can play back both AAC and MP3 files just fine, it just seems to be with the video clips. Any ideas???

Rich

Last edited by LinkRS; 06-20-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Update Title
Old 06-20-2010, 03:49 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: Verizon MR2 Problem??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkRS View Post
Hi Everyone,

I installed the MR2 update to my stock Verizon TP2, and am now unable to play back my mp4 video files. With MR1, they played just fine, and now all I get is the picture, no sound. I tried to see if it was an AAC issue, but I can play back both AAC and MP3 files just fine, it just seems to be with the video clips. Any ideas???

Rich
Its not the ROM, mine still plays MP4's fine.
You might need to clear storage.
Also if you havent already done It, I highly recommend unlocking your phone and flashing Mr.X's fixed version of the MR2 update. Its very nice. You can get it here-->

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125696

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-20-2010, 03:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the reply! I did a clear storage, and still no sound. All I get is static from the speakers. So, I just reflashed with the stock ROM, and still no sound. So now I just did another clear storage, and am going to see if that works. I tried Mr. X's ROM, but it hangs at the part where it is copying the ROM to the phone. Any other suggestions? At this rate, I may end up and have to go back to MR1, this sux...

Rich
Old 06-20-2010, 04:03 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the reply! I did a clear storage, and still no sound. All I get is static from the speakers. So, I just reflashed with the stock ROM, and still no sound. So now I just did another clear storage, and am going to see if that works. I tried Mr. X's ROM, but it hangs at the part where it is copying the ROM to the phone. Any other suggestions? At this rate, I may end up and have to go back to MR1, this sux...

Rich
Have you unlocked your Phone?
Also make sure you install both of these cabs just to be on the safe side.
Make sure to install the messages cab 2nd
Attached Files
File Type: cab NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab (2.58 MB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab (136.3 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-20-2010, 04:12 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hi Nathan, (again)

On a whim, I copied one of the files off of my TP2, re-ran it through the encoder Videora HTC Touch Pro2 Converter, re-copied it back to the phone, and now I have sound. Not sure why that worked. I don't have it on the TP2 now, but I did have .net 3.5 installed before I did my first clear storage. It doesn't make sense that my files all of a sudden don't work. It seems that I need to re-encode all of them (yuck!)

I have not unlocked my phone, not sure how. Someone told me (got a private message a couple of days ago) that I didn't need to unlock to use the fixed cab, as it is still signed? Plus, I am a little paranoid about the whole concept of "unlocking". Are you running the stock or Mr. Xs ROM?

Thanks for your advice and help!

Rich
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Quote:
Hi Nathan, (again)

On a whim, I copied one of the files off of my TP2, re-ran it through the encoder Videora HTC Touch Pro2 Converter, re-copied it back to the phone, and now I have sound. Not sure why that worked. I don't have it on the TP2 now, but I did have .net 3.5 installed before I did my first clear storage. It doesn't make sense that my files all of a sudden don't work. It seems that I need to re-encode all of them (yuck!)

I have not unlocked my phone, not sure how. Someone told me (got a private message a couple of days ago) that I didn't need to unlock to use the fixed cab, as it is still signed? Plus, I am a little paranoid about the whole concept of "unlocking". Are you running the stock or Mr. Xs ROM?

Thanks for your advice and help!

Rich
Im on X's fixed ROM.
Unlocking is a breeze,vnothing to be afraid of.
Absolutely DO NOT Flash X's ROM without unlocking.
you must unlock first.

To unlock your phone, download the file from here-->

http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2