PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
a non-stock keyboard that doesnt break sms input?

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of or is using a non-stock kb that doesn't break sms name input or t9? I have tried various ones but with no luck. I'm currently using Mr. X rom's but havent really had any luck with any custom rom. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry, i should have said that im currently using Finger keyboard but have also tried SPB and Rescoe keyboards. I dont know if it is something i am doing/not doing to cause it but when i try to text someone, i cant just enter one letter into the name field to bring up my contacts....i have to enter a few letters then backspace to get my contacts.

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 06-15-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: add more description
Old 06-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: a non-stock keyboard that doesnt break sms input?

have you tried fingerkeyboard? I don't know if it will do what you want since I disable t9, but you could try it and see.
It would also help if you edit your post and tell which ones you have tried.
Attached Files
File Type: cab FingerKeyb-2.1-WVGA.cab (909.8 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Sorry, i will edit it. and thank you for the quick response. I have tried FingerKeyboard as thats the one i currently use (just have to deal with it not working but love it otherwise). Are you able to input a letter into the name field of text and it bring up your contact list? for me, i have to type out a few letters then hit backspace before any names come up. again thanks for your help.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
Sorry, i will edit it. and thank you for the quick response. I have tried FingerKeyboard as thats the one i currently use (just have to deal with it not working but love it otherwise). Are you able to input a letter into the name field of text and it bring up your contact list? for me, i have to type out a few letters then hit backspace before any names come up. again thanks for your help.
I don't think that is a function of the keyboard because it works perfectly for me. As I type a name, all potential matches pop up on the screen, as more letters are typed, the list becomes more refined.
I don't use this method too often, since I use mobile shell and it's contact's list is easier to use than the Winmo one.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thanks, i noticed the one you had worked but the one i have (not sure where i got it from) doesnt....also i noticed the one i have has the phrases built in where yours doesnt. Maybe that is the key....thanks again
Old 06-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i use this keyboard and it works great

EDIT:you also need to install sdkcerts.cab before you install this if you havent already installed it.

Last edited by puff601; 06-16-2010 at 12:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

TouchPal 3.5 will do what you want & is hands-down the best KB available after a small learning curve (& yes, I am including Swype in that statement)

PM me for info.

John
Old 06-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

dinik anastasia keyboard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010615_001.jpg (57.8 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
dinik anastasia keyboard
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I'm curious, aside from it being shinier, how does it differ from the stock one?

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I'm curious, aside from it being shinier, how does it differ from the stock one?
no prob man, this is the stock dialer, its just been skinned. me personally, i never liked using the onscreen keyboard because i always misspelled stuff. when i installed this, everything changed, tthis keyboard seems way more accurate. you guys should check out Dinik's work. all of his stuff is made for hd2 but works on my sprint tp2 fine.

here is the keyboard thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670811

ive got something else you guys might like as well. its a new long press end key app (the menu that pops up when you hold end). the guy that made it for hd2, made a version for me for tp2. here is a screen shot, i will post a thread on it soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010615_002.jpg (58.8 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2