PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

responseataol is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 5.24.10 theme issues re sense turned off

As can be shown in these screens:

http://img815.imageshack.us/g/screen01w.png/

I am on the latest (5.24.10) original version mightyrom on my TP2, with NO other ROMS installed.

My issues are these:

I would like to change the color of the font on the main screen - as you can see I use a white background, and I'd like the text more visible..

Additionally, any menu that is accessed through a subsystem (like messages) appears SUPER large, irrespective of whichever theme I choose in "today" screen, so long as Sense is turned off..

Is there any way to fix both of these issues? They arent deal killers at all - but in my opinion, sense is bloatware and makes my phone much slower, Ive always turned it off and never looked back...

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 5.24.10 theme issues re sense turned off

I run w/o Sense/Titanium too. You can change the softkey menu size using advanced configuration editor, though I don't have my phone with me right now to tell you which setting it is (PM me later and I'll look it up if you can't find it). I think it's a number in the 100's for some reason, I want to say 1200 and I reduced mine to 900 or something like that. Works really well.

Don't know about the today screen color. Back in the day this would be part of a theme, and Microsoft and others have theme editors but they get weird on 6.5 and don't always work. I took the original sense background (with the green/orange out-of-focus lights effect) and darkened it, works really well with the light type. What if you just reverse your background so the image is light against black?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg today_background.jpg (15.9 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2