PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 07:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch 6800
Carrier: Alltel

jonmcq007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jonmcq007
Is this a good deal?

I currently am using the Samsung Rogue and don't like it all. I just got it this past February. Couldn't afford the data plan but now I can because I get a 20% off through my work. I wanted the Eris when I upgraded but again couldn't get the data plan. I have used the HTC 6900 and the Mogul and loved both phones.

So I found a Touch Pro 2 on my local CL for $250. I offered him my Xbox 360 pro with wired controller and 120 gig hard drive along with my Rogue. Is that a good deal?

His Touch Pro 2 comes with the charger, sync cable and a 4 gig SD card. He said it does have WM 6.5 and he said that I would be able to upgrade to the WM 7.

Is this a fair deal for me? I'm thinking about doing it. Only problem is the guy lives about 35 minutes away from me.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369
Re: Is this a good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmcq007 View Post
I currently am using the Samsung Rogue and don't like it all. I just got it this past February. Couldn't afford the data plan but now I can because I get a 20% off through my work. I wanted the Eris when I upgraded but again couldn't get the data plan. I have used the HTC 6900 and the Mogul and loved both phones.

So I found a Touch Pro 2 on my local CL for $250. I offered him my Xbox 360 pro with wired controller and 120 gig hard drive along with my Rogue. Is that a good deal?

His Touch Pro 2 comes with the charger, sync cable and a 4 gig SD card. He said it does have WM 6.5 and he said that I would be able to upgrade to the WM 7.

Is this a fair deal for me? I'm thinking about doing it. Only problem is the guy lives about 35 minutes away from me.
I guess if you really want the touch pro 2 it's a good deal but most likely windows phone 7 will not be on the touch pro 2 so if you really are looking forward to that, don't.. Also make sure you verify that the esn on the tp2 is good before you buy .
Old 06-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmcq007 View Post
he said that I would be able to upgrade to the WM 7.
From what I have read and heard about WM7 is that it won't work on our TP2's. Processor too slow and not enough memory. So I think the guy is pulling you leg on that part. Of course that doesn't mean someone won't port WM7 to the TP2, like they are doing with the Android.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

I wouldn't do it, but that's just me. what is an xbox 360pro worth??? seems like a big thing to give up for a cellphone.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I am a PS3 fanboy and I still wouldn't do it. We swap out phones when we get bored of them or a new one comes out. A game system like a 360 or PS3 isn't worth trading for an item that is no longer cutting-edge.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch 6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

jonmcq007 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jonmcq007

Well I''m being forced to sell the 360 anyway. I have a 360 pro with a 120 gig hard drive and wired controller and no games. That package is only worth around 150 or so. I have it listed at $160 and I still can't get rid of it. I don't know how much my Rogue is worth so I dunno. So you guys are saying I should stick with my Rogue then?
Old 06-07-2010, 12:39 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Ahm..the Arcade is 150$..the Pro is like 250$..but that is for new...If anythig I'm sure you can get a cheap TP2 from ppl who swapped to an EVO >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The TP2 is NOT going to get a windows phone 7 upgrade. He was lying to you. The phone doesn't have enough ram, it doesn't have a fast enough processor, and it doesn't have a the right kind of screen. As far as the trade goes, I would offer him everything except for your old cellphone, unless you just want to get rid of it...
Old 06-07-2010, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

lol the balls on the guy who told u it would be upgradeable to wp7. not gonna happen. and it's not worth the trade imo either. xbox will still be going strong at the end of the year. smartphones are outdated 6 months to a year, and the tp2 already had an older cpu and less ram than stuff that started coming out soon after it. sprint will release a wp7 power phone by the end of the year. touch pro2 isn't worth getting anymore, unless you dont mind the slow speed and you really want wm6.5 over wp7.....

you missed the window imo. i got a tp2 at launch and love it, but i wouldn't get one now if i had to do it over today. too much coming too soon.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Tmobile

guitar100 is keeping up the good workguitar100 is keeping up the good work

I bought my TP2 @ craigslist Florida for $160.00 .....keep looking,theres deals to be found.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2