PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 02:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SERO owners not wanting Evo because of plan change, SUCCESS in KEEPING SERO!!!!

There is a loophole that may close fast, and after spending so much time in the TP2 forum, and getting so much help, I felt I should let you know how I did it, and it's NOT because I got the right person, etc., it's a flaw in the BestBuy.com system.

Here is my thread that I just posted in the Evo section with how it happened:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...59#post1793359
Old 06-05-2010, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: SERO owners not wanting Evo because of plan change, SUCCESS in KEEPING SERO!!!!

good luck activating it (half sarcastic half hopeful)
Old 06-05-2010, 02:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: SERO owners not wanting Evo because of plan change, SUCCESS in KEEPING SERO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itony View Post
good luck activating it (half sarcastic half hopeful)
I've got all the paperwork, how can they deny it? They admit they screwed up, fix the loophole, etc. Otherwise, they have a huge legal issue. This isn't something bought off of Craigslist, like mine. The whole process, from beginning, was done by Sprint's resellers.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I've got all the paperwork, how can they deny it? They admit they screwed up, fix the loophole, etc. Otherwise, they have a huge legal issue. This isn't something bought off of Craigslist, like mine. The whole process, from beginning, was done by Sprint's resellers.
i say best of luck to you as well. im just as argumentative as the next guy but as much as it may be a loop hole along with being a legal battle, as someone said before they can still catch it before it ships to give you the option to change or cancel. regardless of what you have saved or printed i believe it would be a lot more complicated than that to get away with it. if it really were that simple than we would have plenty of of people trying to get out of the $10 fee. donest sprint have it posted numerous places that an ED or comparable plan is required? not to rain your parade, just trying to be real. but either way best of luck to you!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Really i would do it in a second but as others have said you are not going to get activation.The system will not allow it simple thread over.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

Man you guys are downers! lol I'm sero and my heart beat when I saw this threat. Though I know that the system is setup to only allow certain plans on certain phones...I bet if you whine enough about it you can get some deal that makes it close to SERO.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

if they can port wm6.5 over to evo (a la hd2 for cdma), i would consider getting it and bitch till there s < $10 difference from what my monthly is now. o/w sticking to tp2 and sero....
Old 06-05-2010, 03:01 AM
N00b

TWO515TY is just getting started

Not even downers, just being realistic lol. It's pretty straight forward what is going to happen; they're not going to activate it unless he switches plans, and if he doesn't, he might get charged full price, or asked to return the phone. Either way, I don't see a perfect disney ending coming out of this lol. Something will be given up somewhere, and it's going to be on his end, not on Sprint's end.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:50 AM
N00b

variance is keeping up the good workvariance is keeping up the good work

shrug. maybe if he was to switch teh ESNs of his TP2 to his evo.
WM 6.5 EnergyROM 21907 GTX Cookie
Old 06-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am glad the OP found some success and I hope he keeps up updated on what happens.

I just have my doubts and am too cheap to dump my sero...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2