PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Wsteeven is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help... I think I bricked my phone

Have Sprint Touch Pro 2

Order of events

1)unlocked my fone using RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3_100HSPL
2) Installed mighty rom

this has all worked well, everything was fine. used mighty rom for a few days

I wanted to try to load Energy Rom the titanium version n i read I needed a special unlock for it, so i downloaded the relocker and the special unlocker since apparently u cant unlock when its already locked

3) relocked the fone with RhodiumW_SPLRelocker_063
4) tried to unlock again with DiamondC_HSPL057

Here it went though bootloadder mode, and before it even started installing on the actual phone, at t the progress bar at 0% I got an error message and the phone shut down

wontt' go on 2 bootloadder mode at all....... or turn on.. it bricked? can i fix it? and If I had to go 2 sprint, would they take it back and get me a new one?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Help... I think I bricked my phone

Dude, that is the unlocker for an HTC Diamond, not Touch Pro 2. The NRG ROM should have loaded fine on the unlocker you used in step 1...where ever you got that information from was wrong.

Do you know where you saw that so we can correct this for future users?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Wsteeven is a n00b

hmmm...well i dont have a clue where i found that....was opening so many windows to read up to prevent this from happening.... Probably got confused,

U think that sprint will give me a new phone. I have the warrenty and i did lock the phone before it got bricked
Old 06-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

They might, only way to find out is go to the store and try. when you get a new one, once you get it unlocked with the correct pro2 unlocker, you can flash ANY rom without doing any more relocking or unlocking or anything, and short of flashing a GSM rom or radio, you probably won't brick it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsteeven View Post
4) tried to unlock again with DiamondC_HSPL057
Also, never use an unlocker with the word "diamond" in the file name unless you're unlocking a diamond.

Last edited by orangekid; 06-01-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

damn... haven't seen to many of these threads lately...

Old 06-01-2010, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

might try messaging cmonex. if you can get your phone into bootloader mode then you aren't completely SOL, so try pulling the battery out putting it back and then seeing if you can get it to boot into bootloader. power and vol dn is the combo IIRC. if you can get it to do that then plug it into your computer, wait for it to say usb at the bottom and then unlock it again....

then you are unlocked forever, dont ever try to relock it again unless you are going to be taking it in for service or something like that. you can flash different ROM's all day long that are designed for your phone, which is a CDMA Rhodium 400/500

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
assistance, bricked, htc touch pro 2, sprint, unlock