PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 07:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: sprint

RadarRider is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help. no USB tethering on new Sprint TP2

Okay I've had a Mogul and a TP1 tethering just fine. I get this shiny new TP2 two weeks ago and absolutely none of the tethering USB reg hacks/cabs do a thing that I can tell. I have unlocked it (verified in boot-loader screen) and have had zero luck getting the connect to stop being that ugly grey color.

One post said I should see another Internet Sharing icon (I don't) or can't find it. I've not had any luck finding "All Programs". If that's my problem show me where/how. When I added Bing it showed up under start and it's voice commands work fine as does Opera. so I at least have data connection.

Anyone have a clue why I can't get this USB tethering working? Wifi is a no-go for me due to battery.

Thanks for you help.--DD

Perma thanks to No2Chem, Colonel, Stroths, and others.

Last edited by RadarRider; 05-31-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: better title
Old 05-31-2010, 07:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Need help. betNew Sprint TP2, nogo on USB tethering

custom rom or stock? i never needed a hack or anything to tether. and for wifi cant you just charge the battery and use wifi? im tethering now with no hacks but im on custom rom.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work
Re: Need help. no USB tethering on new Sprint TP2

what about the hack to stop cmguardian from changing your settings back to stock. that's what happened to me. there's an easy reg edit or a cab called cmkiller. do that then redo the reg edits for internet sharing.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Need help. no USB tethering on new Sprint TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampuscat View Post
what about the hack to stop cmguardian from changing your settings back to stock. that's what happened to me. there's an easy reg edit or a cab called cmkiller. do that then redo the reg edits for internet sharing.
heres the cab if it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Shaggylive HTC_CM_Killer.cab (154.6 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

RadarRider is a n00b
Re: Need help. betNew Sprint TP2, nogo on USB tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
custom rom or stock? i never needed a hack or anything to tether. and for wifi cant you just charge the battery and use wifi? im tethering now with no hacks but im on custom rom.
Your custom rom has it all taken care of for you. I'd like to at least learn what the factory offering is to come up to speed on some of the new interfaces. Learning a totally new custom ROM and it's various quirks isn't what i want to do on a trip.

It came new from the store with nothing done to it but unlocked and Bing added. So I got it mid-May. WM 6.5 Professional/OS version 5.2.20889 (21889.5.0.87) ROM says ver 2.04.651.4 Date 03/06/10. Boo Boo's garranteed to work solution isn't working. I'll hard reset if I have to, but don't really have the time right now and will need tethering tomorrow before a long drive.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2