PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 02:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: boost

eeltam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
streaming radio

I am able to stream with wifi but nothing wants to work with data connection. I've tried pandora, spb radio and coreplayer. everything errors out because of connection problems. I can do all the same streams on my eris so I know it's not a metro thing.I'm certain it's in my phone setup but I can't figure it out. Some help would be appreciated.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: streaming radio

Have you tried slacker yet?

Old 05-29-2010, 03:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: boost
Threadstarter

eeltam is a n00b

Yea, slacker and didiom. Same problem. I don't get it. Internet and mms work fine.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

I'm not entirely sure how Metro works, but have tried updating the phone to the network? On Verizon it's like dialing *228, Sprint is like like updating PRL. Again not sure, how that works on Metro, but that's typically the first thing to check with network connection issues. You could also try flashing a new radio. You'll need to be HSPL unlocked to do that.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:10 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeltam View Post
I am able to stream with wifi but nothing wants to work with data connection. I've tried pandora, spb radio and coreplayer. everything errors out because of connection problems. I can do all the same streams on my eris so I know it's not a metro thing.I'm certain it's in my phone setup but I can't figure it out. Some help would be appreciated.
use this site, i use it all the time.
http://www.thestreamcenter.com/
Old 05-29-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

Kinoma and Slacker work without issue on my TP2 with Sprint data connection.

You need a good bandwidth connection if you are trying to stream a high bitrate station.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@eeltam, I am having the same issue (metro pcs). I have posted here, hofo and xda...no help. It used to work at one time... just stopped. According to some who did reply, it only affects certain TP2 on metro. I went over the connections over and over. Still gives me some network error. So it may be a issue with metro pcs...since it works great over wifi.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4
Carrier: Verizon

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

have you checked your speed, like mobilespeedtest

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2