PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Limen123 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Memory loss?

New to the forums.
Um okay. I had a lot of space left on my phone, then when I tried sending a song to my friend, it didn't work, and all of a sudden, my phone keeps saying my phone memory is critically low. I don't know how to fix this. Can anyone help me? I can't receive any texts or anything anymore. I really need to fix this! D:
Old 05-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: TP2 Memory loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limen123 View Post
New to the forums.
Um okay. I had a lot of space left on my phone, then when I tried sending a song to my friend, it didn't work, and all of a sudden, my phone keeps saying my phone memory is critically low. I don't know how to fix this. Can anyone help me? I can't receive any texts or anything anymore. I really need to fix this! D:
Have you tried a softreset (Softreset is a turning the phone off and than back on)?

What version OS are you running on your phone? is it stock or upgraded or a custom ROM?

Do you have a task manager installed and have it set to close programs when you hit the X Button?

Just some questions to help better.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Limen123 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Have you tried a softreset (Softreset is a turning the phone off and than back on)?

What version OS are you running on your phone? is it stock or upgraded or a custom ROM?

Do you have a task manager installed and have it set to close programs when you hit the X Button?

Just some questions to help better.
Yeah I have. Doesn't work.

Windows Mobile 6.1. I have a custom tab bar thingy installed if that counts..

Yeah, I have Task Manager and everything is always closed.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

How are you trying to send the file to your friend?

One other thing, its pretty common if you have a ton of e-mails and text's stored on your phone that it can cause a lot of problems with lag and freezing. How many text's and e-mails do you have stored on your phone?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Limen123 is a n00b

Quote:
How are you trying to send the file to your friend?

One other thing, its pretty common if you have a ton of e-mails and text's stored on your phone that it can cause a lot of problems with lag and freezing. How many text's and e-mails do you have stored on your phone?
I don't have any emails, but I have around 10 texts(the name of the people I text. Lots of messaging inside).
It's not really freezing and lagging I'm worried about. It's saying that I have no memory left when I actually have a ton left on my phone. =/

I was gonna send through MMS. I was trying to send a song, but it lagged and I tried again, then it popped up and said I couldn't send it, so I didn't try again, and ever since then my phone's been saying the critically low memory thing.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

cturnbull802 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cturnbull802

i just got a tp2 and coming from a q9c the memory leaks in this phone are terrible. id say unacceptable if i could have a better phone on my legacy sero plan i would. i have a ram cleaner installed that runs automatically every 3 hours and a reboot it once a day.

i run mighty rom which is much better than the stock rom, as it starts with about 10% more ram available. but sitll IMO unacceptable.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limen123 View Post
I don't have any emails, but I have around 10 texts(the name of the people I text. Lots of messaging inside).
It's not really freezing and lagging I'm worried about. It's saying that I have no memory left when I actually have a ton left on my phone. =/

I was gonna send through MMS. I was trying to send a song, but it lagged and I tried again, then it popped up and said I couldn't send it, so I didn't try again, and ever since then my phone's been saying the critically low memory thing.
Is that MMS still stuck in the que to send? Make sure you completely delete that MMS message, make sure its not sitting in your out box and causing issues.

I am not sure if 6.1 has this but look in setting/system/uploader and make sure its not there too.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Limen123 is a n00b

Quote:
Is that MMS still stuck in the que to send? Make sure you completely delete that MMS message, make sure its not sitting in your out box and causing issues.

I am not sure if 6.1 has this but look in setting/system/uploader and make sure its not there too.
I've checked everywhere. It's not there. I've got it fixed though. I restarted it both ways a few times, then I just got a crapload of texts, so I'm guessing it's working now. Thanks for the help though!
Old 05-27-2010, 03:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cturnbull802 View Post
i just got a tp2 and coming from a q9c the memory leaks in this phone are terrible. id say unacceptable if i could have a better phone on my legacy sero plan i would. i have a ram cleaner installed that runs automatically every 3 hours and a reboot it once a day.

i run mighty rom which is much better than the stock rom, as it starts with about 10% more ram available. but sitll IMO unacceptable.
I know the TP2 is notoriously bad for memory leaks. I lose a lot of memory, even after programs and other things are closed. Doesn't matter what it is, you always lose a portion of your memory and 100% is never cleared up. It just keeps stacking up. Now, the Q9M I was using, good gawd that thing had horrible memory management, not to mention piss low available memory to boot. What the hell were they even thinking when they designed those Q phones? 51MB to boot, but only 27MB is actually usable. I hated that phone just because of that. Can't run squat hardly on that thing without it slowing down and nearly running completely out of RAM. That thing was sooooooo slow. Pretty much it was good mainly for playing NES games on it.

Anyways, to the OP, glad you got your mem problems solved. BTW, don't try to send full MP3's through that. Use email instead. There is a limit of 1.2MB per message just so you know. That may be why it was getting hung up. Although it should have gave you a notice that the file was too big.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i wonder y i never get that warning ... my phone likes to just automatically close programs though

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2