PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 02:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

IIVisionII is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP 2 turns on randomly

I've recently encountered a problem where my phone just turns on and stays on. For example, it'll be on the night stand, then all of a sudden I look at it and its on. It caused my battery to die in 3-4 hours today when it wasn't even in use. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? I don't have too many programs installed. Cleanram, some skyscape programs, and several other programs.

Thanks for any insights.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:03 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Sprint TP 2 turns on randomly

turns on from off, or turns on from being asleep???
if it is turning on from being asleep, it is usually data that is making it wake up (weather updates, email updates, twitter, etc), or it is bouncing between 1x and 3g.
make sure your power settings are set to make it go back to sleep, I use 10min on battery and 30min on charger.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IIVisionII is a n00b

Turns on from being asleep. I think you just told me why. I'm in an area with mixed reception so it probably keeps switching from 3g to 1x and wastes battery and turns on the screen as well. Is there any solution to this? Can i force it into 1x when i'm in places i know have bad reception any way and then change it back to normal later?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:19 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIVisionII View Post
It caused my battery to die in 3-4 hours today when it wasn't even in use.
if your phone died in 3_4 hours just from your backlight being on, then you certainly have other issues that need addressing too..
Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Turns on from being asleep. I think you just told me why. I'm in an area with mixed reception so it probably keeps switching from 3g to 1x and wastes battery and turns on the screen as well. Is there any solution to this? Can i force it into 1x when i'm in places i know have bad reception any way and then change it back to normal later?
search for the cab, switchroammode.cab
that should do what you are looking for.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
if your phone died in 3_4 hours just from your backlight being on, then you certainly have other issues that need addressing too..
if it's constantly trying to lock a signal, I could see this.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I've recently encountered a problem where my phone just turns on and stays on. For example, it'll be on the night stand, then all of a sudden I look at it and its on. It caused my battery to die in 3-4 hours today when it wasn't even in use. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? I don't have too many programs installed. Cleanram, some skyscape programs, and several other programs.

Thanks for any insights.
Also check your WiFi settings. If possible, turn your WiFi off when you're not using it. I've got my Comm Manager set as a quicklink, and when I'm not using Bluetooth or WiFi, those are off - since they constantly poll to check/maintain connections, it can drain the battery.

Also I notice my phone "turns on" from sleep at the same place every day on my drive home from work because it finds a nearby WiFi connection - so again, before bed since you won't be using WiFi - make sure it's off.

Good luck - a lot of people have battery drain complaints with the TP2, but honestly, it does really well for me now that I've honed it down and turned off unnecessary services.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IIVisionII is a n00b

Thanks for the tips. I usually have wifi off, especially since I don't have any wifi connections around where i'm at right now. I looked for switchroammode.cab and the version i found only allows me to force roaming or sprint. There are no options for 1x vs evdo. Can someone point me in the right direction to download the right file? Thanks.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

baine4812 is a n00b

The issue is that it is searching for a network. Like others said going from 1x to 3g. Happened on my mogul too and now with my tp2. I used to switch to roaming and it fixed the problem. No longer have to do this guess the reception is better where I am now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2