PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Naveronski is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Naveronski Send a message via AIM to Naveronski Send a message via MSN to Naveronski Send a message via Yahoo to Naveronski
Backup data with dead touch screen?

I broke the touch screen on my TP2. The screen is still viewable, but doesn't react to touch.

Additionally, the last time I plugged my phone in, it was set as a storage device by active sync.

How can I pull all my contacts/texts/etc off the phone?

I can still interact with it via the keyboard, but don't have a handy little "tab" key that most computers have.

Not sure what I can do, ideas?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Backup data with dead touch screen?

If you can connect via activesync use something like MyMobiler to connect via your PC.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Naveronski is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Naveronski Send a message via AIM to Naveronski Send a message via MSN to Naveronski Send a message via Yahoo to Naveronski

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
If you can connect via activesync use something like MyMobiler to connect via your PC.
I've already looked at that. However, as I said in the first post, I last used the phone as a disk drive. As such, it does not automatically connect via active sync. Further, I'm unable to sync it via the ActiveSync program on the phone because I'm unable to press "Sync" on the screen.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:16 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

any reason you cant pop open the keyboard and use the arrows to navigate to settings>system>usbtopc>and switch it to AS yourself?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

My Real Question is why did you not have it already backed up in the first place? its such a simple thing to do Yet so many people neglect to backup there Data. its like the Number 1 rule in technology is back things up.

Sorry for the Rant it's just frustrating seeing people not doing it when its soooooo simple to do in the first place.

Try what Boredandtattooed suggested.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Naveronski is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
any reason you cant pop open the keyboard and use the arrows to navigate to settings>system>usbtopc>and switch it to AS yourself?
I can get to the screen, but can't figure out how to select the radio button for AS.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:30 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post

i just did it to try it out... worked fine..

OP could have a problem though.. slide open keyboard and goto settings.. worked.

once you get to the Misc options in sense though, that window cant be navigated with the arrows and usbtopc is all the way down at the bottom of that window..

now, i happen to use the settings.ink reg hack.. so going to setting in my start menu(which did work) actually took me to the "all settings" OP cant get into from sense because he cant hit the menu soft key for "all settings"

so if OP doesnt have the settings mod, he wont be able to do any of it
Old 05-24-2010, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Naveronski is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
My Real Question is why did you not have it already backed up in the first place? its such a simple thing to do Yet so many people neglect to backup there Data. its like the Number 1 rule in technology is back things up.

Sorry for the Rant it's just frustrating seeing people not doing it when its soooooo simple to do in the first place.

I do have everything backed up on my PC. However, it's out of commission until I can figure out exactly what died following a lightning strike to the house.

Yes, I used a surge protector, but no apparently it didn't do any good.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:34 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveronski View Post
I can get to the screen, but can't figure out how to select the radio button for AS.
you mean to make the selection of AS over DD??

i know it looks "phantom" but i just tried it for you.. you can navigate with the arrows still even though it doesnt seem like it.. press enter on leyboard till AS locks in.. i just did it

i gotta run, so i hope yuou get it sorted

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-24-2010 at 04:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveronski View Post
I do have everything backed up on my PC. However, it's out of commission until I can figure out exactly what died following a lightning strike to the house.

Yes, I used a surge protector, but no apparently it didn't do any good.
Sorry to hear that, and good to hear that you did have a backup.

I would like to make the suggestion of trying out SPB backup when you get things working again, its a really incredible program and very versatile.

Link below

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
backup, dead screen, tp2