PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 10:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Boost

Matthew1034 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Matthew1034
Task29 didn't complete; can't enter bootloader.

I was flashing Task29 between ROMs and apparently the female USB connector on my TP2 is loose; so I think the USB connection was compromised during the flash. Now I can't enter bootloader or get to the hard-reset screen. The "Touch Pro2" white on black screen shows up when I put the battery in when the phone is plugged in to the wall charger, but that's all I get.

Any ideas on how to get this fixed?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:03 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Task29 didn't complete; can't enter bootloader.

volume down/power/ styli in reset hole all at same time what your seeing is normal btw, its what the app does
Old 05-22-2010, 11:06 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

after task 29, i think its the normal behavoir to only show the tp2 black and red screen. are you sure your doing bootloader right? press and hold volume down, then press and hold power button? you cant do the hard reset button combo, because there is no rom left on the phone to hard reset to.
edit:just read the post above mine, as i was typing while they were. i dont think the stylus hole is nescesary.

Last edited by austin420; 05-22-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:09 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
after task 29, i think its the normal behavoir to only show the tp2 black and red screen. are you sure your doing bootloader right? press and hold volume down, then press and hold power button? you cant do the hard reset button combo, because there is no rom left on the phone to hard reset to.
edit:just read the post above mine, as i was typing while they were. i dont think the stylus hole is nescesary.
i use it cause i sdcard flash so it flashes right after task29 clean, habit to post that part
Old 05-22-2010, 11:19 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i use it cause i sdcard flash so it flashes right after task29 clean, habit to post that part
ahh. yes. i only run task 29 every few flashes. i didnt think about it before hand the first time, and just ran it and plugged it back in expecting activesync. nope. i was like "ohh noes!" stoped and breathed for a second and then sd flashed. usually, i just use the computer to flash.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
volume down/power/ styli in reset hole all at same time what your seeing is normal btw, its what the app does
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
Yes, I've got the bootloader combo right but the bl isn't coming up. I know the screen is normal from past task29 flashes, but the reason I think the flash did not complete is because I can't enter bootloader. But maybe since the Touch Pro2 screen does come up means it did complete.

And I've been able to enter the hard reset screen in the past after a task29 flash, but I can't get anywhere now.

Thanks for the responses so far guys.

Quote:
That's a good idea.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:40 PM
acs tester

so are you fixed now op?
Old 05-23-2010, 05:12 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
so are you fixed now op?
Negative. Something else odd about this is that the LED is always orange when plugged in to the wall charger. I thought the battery charge may have been too low to do anything, but I left it plugged in for the past six hours and the LED has not turned green. Volume Down + Power isn't giving me anything, and I'm not getting the white on black Touch Pro2 screen anymore.

I'll keep troubleshooting and update the thread if I find anything else out.

Thanks for the help thus far, PPCGeeks.

--
Edit: Actually the white on black TP2 screen comes on spontaneously and stays on for a random amount of time, regardless of whether the phone is plugged into the wall charger or to the PC via USB. The power button is unresponsive as is everything else about it. I think it's bricked.

Edit2: I am getting somewhere. I been trying different combinations of things. I've tried removing the battery, holding vol.d+pwr, and then pushing the battery in, same with the hard reset key combo. Then I tried that while the phone was plugged into the wall charger. Then I tried that while plugged into the PC via USB and the bootloader came up! Except... well:

Now the bootloader comes up randomly instead of the Touch Pro2 white on black screen. I have an SD card with a RHODIMG.nbh in there and it sometimes allows me to initiate a flash, but then it stops abruptly (with a window of about 5-15 seconds) and reverts back to the behavior I've been explaining. I'm going to try to task29 it again since I think that could flash in less time than a full ROM (obviously).

Also, the BL is showing some error code but I am still trying to decipher what it says as the error code is on the same line as some other text.

Cheers

Last edited by Matthew1034; 05-23-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:33 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I think the garbled text says:

Update ROM code error
Please try again

--
Edit: I just unzipped the task29.exe and put the 1.5mb .nbh on the SD card as I can't access the phone via USB from the PC when it's in bootloader. >> OK. That worked, which means I flashed the task29 image (SPLASH 1/SPLASH2), and I got a "Update Success", but I still can't enter the bootloader via vol.d+pwr.

Last edited by Matthew1034; 05-23-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

try takin out the mem card and sim card and leave the battery out for a few minutes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2