PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rbridge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sense restart problem

Periodically when waking up from Cookie's screen lock, my TP2 restarts the Sense UI...I get the generic Windows background and "Launching HTC Sense" message. Following these restarts, the keyboard and the 4 buttons on the bottom of the phone (answer, windows, back, and hang-up) quit responding. The touch screen continues to operate normally. I have to soft reset the phone to get key functionality back.

Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent/fix?

I'm using the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM with Cookie Home Tab Editor 1.7.1.1 with the Manila style unlock screen.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Sense restart problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbridge View Post
Periodically when waking up from Cookie's screen lock, my TP2 restarts the Sense UI...I get the generic Windows background and "Launching HTC Sense" message. Following these restarts, the keyboard and the 4 buttons on the bottom of the phone (answer, windows, back, and hang-up) quit responding. The touch screen continues to operate normally. I have to soft reset the phone to get key functionality back.

I'm using the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM with Cookie Home Tab Editor 1.7.1.1 with the Manila style unlock screen.
There are known issues with Co0Kies lock screen, he is recommending NOT to use it till he has it fixed.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jac187 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbridge View Post

i just had a similar event happen to me and i am not using cookie's screen lock. i am using stock 6.5 ROM and regular lock exe. soft reset didnt help. removing SD card didnt help either. Sense was stuck in "Lauching HTC Sense" screen and eventually went to "Tap here to launch HTC Sense" .

just did a hard reset. FML...
Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac187 View Post
i just had a similar event happen to me and i am not using cookie's screen lock. i am using stock 6.5 ROM and regular lock exe. soft reset didnt help. removing SD card didnt help either. Sense was stuck in "Lauching HTC Sense" screen and eventually went to "Tap here to launch HTC Sense" .

just did a hard reset. FML...
Sounds like you installed something that was conflicting with Sense that was causing the problem, 99% of the time thats the issue.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

hoopsta1423 is a n00b

I have had this happen a few times too using MightyRom and CHT, you hit the lock icon and sense restarts but you lose all keyboard functionality until you soft reset, I am just going to stop using CHT lock screen and see if it still happens
Old 05-24-2010, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jac187 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Sounds like you installed something that was conflicting with Sense that was causing the problem, 99% of the time thats the issue.

hadnt installed anything new in a few weeks (since I had issues with 6.5 clean up cab). phone was working ok.

i saw the blinking light indicating new text, email or voicemail/missed call. went to unlock it and it was just stuck in "Launching HTC Sense" screen. I let it sit for a bit and nothing.

i am slowly reinstalling the mods/programs i had before. mostly they were programs (phm regedit, total commander, xpa shutdown, slacker radio, lock device, htc task manager, battery % fix). other cabs were santo sense mods, bg4all, micneo taskbar, stealth modem/tethering.

im not really sure if any of these have caused the problem. there times in the past when i would go to unlock (slide) and the screen would freeze. i would either soft reset or just wait it out. i am using the lock device cab that activates the default lock program in 6.5.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:07 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

this lockscreen?? (see pic)

i never have any issues, and ive never toyed with any of it.. wait, issue i get sometime is the lock icon not showing on the today screen sometime thats about it.. but ive never experienced it not unlocking, or the loading sense issue either..

running stock 6.5 2.5 cookie v.1.7.1.1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lock.jpg (8.9 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg cht.jpg (9.9 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg cht2.jpg (9.4 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Threadstarter

rbridge is a n00b

Yes, that lock screen.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

eirrom is a n00b

I have the same issues regarding the keyboard not working. Instead of soft reseting (and taking off the back cover), I just power off the phone and once it kicks back on, it works until the next time it doesn't. Kinda annoying!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2~Rhodium
Carrier: O2

ShadowBulls is a n00b

I solved this stupid problem on my device. In fact, I think there is problem with TASKS function in Cookie's home screen. My Sence self restarting problem starts after using widget TASKS on home screen. When I restart device HTC Sence restarting it self couple of times and after starts it keep self restarting any time. First I though it couse music player but I detache it and nothing change. When I detach all widgets from home screen, restarting was gone. I used decommissioning method to find the wrong widget and after few attemts I found it. As I worte it causing TASKS widget. It helps for my, so don't hesitate to try it on yours.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
cookie 1.7, problems sense 2.5