PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro Touch 2 (VZW)
Carrier: VZW

Pride is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Signal Strentgh Weak!

I like trying different rom makers, but something happened recently, like 2 weeks ago i had mr.x 4/10 rom, then changed over BACK to mightyrom. My signal strentgh is very weak and is now starting to drop calls, i know ive used mightyrom in the past and its never given me a problem, im right now using superrom(with silence 12) and the same things happening, anyone else experienced this at all? Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Signal Strentgh Weak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
I like trying different rom makers, but something happened recently, like 2 weeks ago i had mr.x 4/10 rom, then changed over BACK to mightyrom. My signal strentgh is very weak and is now starting to drop calls, i know ive used mightyrom in the past and its never given me a problem, im right now using superrom(with silence 12) and the same things happening, anyone else experienced this at all? Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks!!!
The ROM's don't have anything to do with your signal strength it has all to do with your radio. have you tried upgrading your Radio?

Link to raido's.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106571

Old 05-22-2010, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
The ROM's don't have anything to do with your signal strength it has all to do with your radio. have you tried upgrading your Radio?

Link to raido's.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106571
i thank you for your answer, but i dont have my phone sim unlocked so ill just get stuck at bootloader if i do that

Last edited by Pride; 05-22-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
i thank you for your answer, but i dont have my phone sim unlocked so ill just get stock at bootloader if i do that
Have you flashed the latest Stock ROM from your Carrier. that would have a upgraded radio.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Weak signal everywhere or only at home? Athens closest tower may be down for maintenance. The happens at my home every other year.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Everywhere
Old 05-22-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No i havent, last stock rom i had on my phone was when i first got the phone when it first came out
Old 05-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

right now with my tp2 im getting stronger signals in my house than i ever did with my tp never usually dropping below 2 bars whereas with my tp i was lucky to get 2
Old 05-22-2010, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Have you flashed the latest Stock ROM from your Carrier. that would have a upgraded radio.
ill try that right now
Old 05-22-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Sometimes I'll get good signal strength at home for weeks, then suddenly it will be so shi***. And it will stay that way for a while. It does this every other week or so. It can last for days. So friggin irritating when I'm trying to browse the web on my computer since this is my ony connection.

Sometimes in areas where the signal is like 3-4 bars usually, I'll be in that area and I wont have a good signal at all. For no reason. I thought it was weather related, but this happens regardless if it's cloudy or 100% clear. Other times I just lose my 3G connection and it will stay stuck in 1x mode all day, no matter what I do or how good the signal strength is.

Flashing a radio version requires a HSPL doesn't it? Or something by Cmonex , which requires an internet connection on ANOTHER connection besides this one. Ugh, cmonex software is rather frustrating. Well, I'm not gonna hijack this thread because I got a gripe with some software. Anyone found any other means to fix this, besides a radio update?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2