PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
USB cable won't establish connection

So over the past few days I've noticed my phone's charging port has become different.

When I charge it, the USB cable simply doesn't "snap" like it used to

When I text with it charging, the cable just falls right out

When I connect USB to PC, nothing pops up on either screen...no connection is established

When I try to charge through PC, the orange light never comes on, it never charges

When charging through normal charger, it won't charge

I have to use my oldschool RAZR charger to charge it

I thought it might just be my USB cable, but the fact that the port is now "more loose" gives me the thought that its the port and not the cable

Any idea what is wrong? With this warrant a refurbished device at VZW? Like I said, the phone won't connect to PC anymore with stock USB cable. Its not a software issue on either side, as I have reset both devices, and there have been no major changes since my last USB sync with PC

What is wrong with my phone? Any ideas/thoughts are welcome.

I also saw this upon a search

Don't click me

Last edited by QMeli907; 05-22-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: USB cable won't establish connection

Maybe a bad cable? if it charges with your RAZAR cable than that means the port should be working. Have you tried using another USB cable and and a different Port on your computer? those would be the first things I would try.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff

Yeah that's true but to get it to charge I have to wiggle around the RAZR charger. Its a standard mini USB, not one like the HTC with the extra angle on it. Would that change anything? Just the style of it?

Ive tried the two ports on my laptop as well as an external USB hub. No connection.

Should I try a different computer you think?
Old 05-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

It just worries me because if the port goes bad and will no longer accept my razr charger, then it won't charge at all
Old 05-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
Yeah that's true but to get it to charge I have to wiggle around the RAZR charger. Its a standard mini USB, not one like the HTC with the extra angle on it. Would that change anything? Just the style of it?

Ive tried the two ports on my laptop as well as an external USB hub. No connection.

Should I try a different computer you think?
I would strongly recommend not going through the Hub, those can cause all kind of wacky power issues. You can use just about any Mini USB cable. I have mine using a reg. Mini USB cable hooked directly to the computer because the one that came with the phone was not long enough, sounds like something is a little lose on your phone with your connection, I would probably not use the phone while it is plugged in to decrease the chances of it making it worse.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Ok thank you for all your info

I just tried the hub to see if it would connect. Trial/Error...

I never connect it to that normally

I will take it in to Verizon and see what they can do, if anything. As it in now, I have to email myself to get cabs installed lol

Any one else have any ideas?
Old 05-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Ok thank you for all your info

I just tried the hub to see if it would connect. Trial/Error...

I never connect it to that normally

I will take it in to Verizon and see what they can do, if anything. As it in now, I have to email myself to get cabs installed lol

Any one else have any ideas?
Would like to know how it turns out after you take it to the store.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Would like to know how it turns out after you take it to the store.
Ill update after I take it in. I was busy today and will be tomorrow. Update will come Monday sometime
Old 05-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

So I just went to VZW today. They said it was a broken pin in my charging port. They said they could send me another refurb, but the lady recommended that I call customer service and "whine" to them and maybe I can switch devices. This will be my 5th TP2. She said they can't do anything but offer another refurb at the store, but if I call customer service, they can take it from there
Old 05-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
So I just went to VZW today. They said it was a broken pin in my charging port. They said they could send me another refurb, but the lady recommended that I call customer service and "whine" to them and maybe I can switch devices. This will be my 5th TP2. She said they can't do anything but offer another refurb at the store, but if I call customer service, they can take it from there
Wow 5 units? sounds like you just got a bad string of luck with your phones, stop running them over lol. Good luck which ever route you go though hope the next one is not as bad.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2